This paper presents a compact size crossover device based on the cascade of branch-line sections. With the aim of reducing its size, some of the transmission lines of the structure have been replaced by its equivalent artificial transmission line (ATL). The obtained size reduction is above 30%, and the electrical performance of the proposed structure presents an isolation better than 20 dB in a FBW=34.5% and a crossover bandwidth better than 2 dB of FBW=51.5%. Also the good magnitude and phase balance performance must be highlighted.
2. Liu, W., Z. Zhang, Z. Feng, and M. F. Iskander, "A compact wideband microstrip crossover," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, 254-256, 2012.
3. Lin, F., Q. X. Chu, and W. Wong, "Dual-band planar crossover with two section branch-line structure," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 42, 2309-2316, 2013.
4. Yao, J., C. Lee, and S. P. Yeo, "Microstrip branch-line couplers for crossover application," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, 87-92, 2011.
5. Collin, R. E., Foundations for Microwave Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2000.
6. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.