A novel dual-band circularly-polarized slot antenna fed by a coplanar waveguide (CPW) is presented for digital multimedia broadcasting (2.6 GHz) and Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (3.5 GHz) application. The circular polarization in the lower band is achieved by the slots loaded in two opposite corners, and corner truncation of the square slot can offer a current path for the upper band. Experimental results show that the measured impedance bandwidths (VSWR ≤ 2) are 18.5% for the lower band and 19.1% for the upper band, and the measured 3 dB axial-ratio bandwidths are 22.3% and 18.3%, with respect to 2.6 GHz and 3.5 GHz, respectively.
2. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory, John Wiley & Sons, 1997.
3. Yang, S. L. S., K. F. Lee, and A. A. Kishk, "Design and study of wideband single feed circularly polarized microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 45-61, 2008.
4. Kasabegoudar, V. G. and K. J. Vinoy, "A broadband suspended microstrip antenna for circular polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 353-368, 2009.
5. Heidari, A. A., M. Heyrani, and M. Nakhkash, "A dual-band circularly polarized stub loaded microstrip patch antenna for GPS applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 195-208, 2009.
6. Chang, T. N. and J.-H. Jiang, "Enhance gain and bandwidth of circularly polarized microstrip patch antenna using gap-coupled method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 96, 127-139, 2009.
7. Sze, J.-Y., C.-I. G. Hsu, Z.-W. Chen, and C.-C. Chang, "Broadband CPW-fed circularly polarized square slot antenna with lightening-shaped feedline and inverted-L grounded strips," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 3, 973-977, 2010.
8. Pourahmadazar, J., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, N. Felegari, and H. Shirzad, "broadband CPW-fed circularly polarized square slot antenna with inverted-L strips for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 369-372, 2011.
9. Pourahmadazar, J. and S. Mohammadi, "Compact circularly-polarised slot antenna for UWB applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 15, 837-838, 2011.
10. Chen, C. and E. K. N. Yung, "Dual-band dual-sense circularly-polarized CPW-fed slot antenna with two spiral slots loaded," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1829-1833, 2009.
11. Chen, Y.-Y., Y.-C. Jiao, G. Zhao, F. Zhang, Z.-L. Liao, and Y. Tian, "Dual-band dual-sense circularly polarized slot antenna with a c-shaped grounded strip," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 915-918, 2011.
12. Shen, Y., C. L. Law, and Z. Shen, "A CPW-fed circularly polarized antenna for lower ultra-wideband applications," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2365-2369, 2009.