A novel hybrid design of Bluetooth and UWB antenna with dual band-notched functions is proposed. The proposed antenna structure consists of a microstrip-fed main patch and electromagnetically coupled parasitic patch with arc-shaped strips, achieving Bluetooth and UWB performance. Additionally, the split ring resonator (SRR) slot etched on the main patch and the square patch close to microstrip feedline are aimed to obtain dual notched bands. The numerical and experimental results exhibit that the designed antenna operates over the wide frequency band from 3 to more than 12 GHz, while showing the extra resonant mode at 2.4-GHz Bluetooth and the band rejection performance at 3.5-GHz WiMAX and 5.2-GHz WLAN.
2. Liang , J. , C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a printed circular disk monopole antenna for UWB systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 33, No. 11, 3500-3504, 2005.
3. Nguyen, T. D., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Design and analysis of compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagat. Lett., Vol. 10, 403-406, 2011.
4. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Printed circular ring monopole antennas," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 5, 372-275, 2005.
5. Beer, M., M. J. Ammann, and T. Schneider, "Electromagnetically-coupled microstrip-fed planar monopole," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 1, 372-375, 2006.
6. Jung, J. H., H. Choo, and I. Park, "Design and performance of small electromagnetically coupled monopole for broadband operation," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 1, No. 2, 536-541, 2006.
7. Chen , Z. N. and Y. W. M. Chia, "Broadband monopole antenna with parasitic planar element," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 3, 209-210, 2000.
8. Eshtiaghi, R., , J. Nourinia, and C. Ghobadi, "Electromagnetically coupled band-notched elliptical monopole antenna for UWB applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 4, 1397-1402, 2010.
9. Yildirim , B. S., B. A. Cetiner, G. Roqueta, and L. Jofre, "Integrated bluetooth and UWB antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 8, 149-152, 2009.
10. Lizzi, L. , G. Oliveri, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "Planar monopole UWB antenna with Unii1/Unii2 WLAN-band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 25, 277-292, 2010.
11. Yang, Y.-B., F.-S. Zhang, L. Zhang, F. Zhang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of a planar monopole antenna with dual band-notched characteristics for ultra-wideband applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17-18, 2481-2489, 2009.
12. Zhang, X. , T.-L. Zhang, Y.-Y. Xia, Z.-H. Yan, and X.-M. Wang, "Planar monopole antenna with band-notch characterization for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 149-156, 2009.
13. Kim , D.-Z. , W.-I. Son, W.-G. Lim, H.-L. Lee, and J.-W. Yu, "Integrated planar monopole antenna with microstrip resonators having band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 9, 2837-2842, 2010.
14. Zhang , M. , Y.-Z. Yin, J. Ma, Y. Wang, W.-C. Xiao, and X.-J. Liu, "A racket-shaped slot UWB antenna coupled with parasitic strips for band-notched application," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 16, 35-44, 2010.
15. Peng , L. and C.-L. Ruan, "UWB band-notched monopole antenna design using electromagnetic-bandgap structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1074-1081, 2011.
16. Xie , H.-H. , Y.-C. Jiao, Z. Zhang, and Y. Song, "Band-notched ultra-wideband monopole antenna using coupled resonator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 16, 2010.