A new method is introduced to construct a slab that has electric fields with propagation properties which are equivalent to a fractional-space wave equation in two-coordinate system. While its magnetic fields have propagation properties which are equivalent to the complementary fractional-space wave equation. Analytical forms for the reflection and transmission coefficients of this slab are derived. Results of these reflection and transmission coefficients show that such quasi-fractional-space slab has spatial and frequency selectivity properties.
2. Sabatier, J., O. P. Agrawal, and J. A. Tenreiro Machado, Advances in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Developments and Applications in Physics and Engineering, Springer, 2007.
3. Engheta, N., "Use of fractional integration to propose some `fractional' solutions for the scalar helmholtz equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 12, 107-132, 1996.
4. Engheta, N., "On the role of fractional calculus in electromagnetic theory," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 39, No. 4, 35-46, 1997.
5. Naqvi, Q. A. and A. A. Rizvi, "Fractional dual solutions and corresponding sources," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 25, 223-238, 2000.
6. Lakhtakia, A., "A representation theorem involving fractional derivatives for linear homogeneous chiral media," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 28, No. 6, 385-386, 2001.
7. Naqvi, Q. A., "Fractional dual interface in chiral nihility medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 8, 135-142, 2009.
8. Hussain, A., Q. A. Naqvi, and M. Abbas, "Fractional duality and perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 85-94, 2007.
9. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, Q. A. Naqvi, and A. A. Rizvi, "Differential electromagnetic equations in fractional space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 255-269, 2011.
10. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "The wave equation and general plane wave solutions in fractional space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 137-146, 2010.
11. Zubair, M., M. J. Mughal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "An exact solution of the cylindrical wave equation for electromagnetic field in fractional dimensional space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 443-455, 2011.
12. Baleanu, D., A. K. Golmankhaneh, and A. K. Golmankhaneh, "On electromagnetic field in fractional space," Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, Vol. 11, No. 1, 288-292, 2010.
13. Ivakhnychenko, M. V. and E. I. Veliev, "Fractional operators approach in re°ection and diffraction problems," 8th International Conference on Telecommunications in Modern Satellite, Cable and Broadcasting Services, TELSIKS, Vol. 254-257, No. 26-28, 2007.
14. Cheng, X., H. Chen, X.-M. Zhang, B. Zhang, and B.-I. Wu, "Cloaking a perfectly conducting sphere with rotationally uniaxial nihility media in monostatic radar system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 285-298, 2010.
15. Zhai, Y.-B. and T.-J. Cui, "Three-dimensional axisymmetric invisibility cloaks with arbitrary shapes in layered-medium background," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 27, 151-163, 2011.