In this paper, we present a frequency tunable antenna suitable for Digital Video Broadcasting Handheld applications. Due to the narrow operating frequency band of the antenna derived from a monopole coupled loop antenna, a tuning system has been proposed to sweep the narrow band on a large frequency range in order to cover the DVB-H frequency bandwidth [470-702] MHz. We provide results of this antenna mounted on a circuit board simulating a terminal handset.
2. Chen, Z. N. and Y. W. M., "Broadband monopole antenna with parasitic planar element," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 27, No. 3, 209-210, 2000.
3. Choi, D. H., H. S. Yun, and S. O. Park, "Internal antenna with modified monopole type for DVB-H applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, 1436-1438, 2006.
4. Komulainen, M., M. Berg, H. Jantunen, and E. Salonen, "Compact varactor-tuned meander line monopole antenna for DVB-H signal reception," Electronic Letters, Vol. 43, No. 24, 2007.
5. Komulainen, M., M. Berg, V. Palukuru, H. Jantunen, and E. Salonen, "Frequency-tunable DVB-H antenna for mobile terminals," IEEE Antenna and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1072-1075, Honolulu, June 2007.
6. Abdallah, M., F. Colombel, G. Le Ray, and M. Himdi, "Quasi unidirectional radiation pattern of monopole coupled loop antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 732-735, 2009.
7. Abadallah, M., L. Le Coq, F. Colombel, G. Le Ray, and M. Himdi, "Frequency tunable monopole coupled loop antenna with broadside radiation pattern," Electronic Letters, Vol. 45, No. 23, 1149-1151, 2009.
8. Lebbar, H., M. Himdi, and J. P. Daniel, "Analysis and optimization of reduced size printed antenna," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium and URSI Meeting, 1858-1861, 1993.
9. Yeo, J., Y. J. Lee, and R. Mittra, "A novel dual band WLAN antenna for notebook platforms," IEEE Antennas and Propagation International Symposium, Vol. 2, 1439-1442, Monterey, CA, USA, 2004.
10. Hosoe, T. and K. Ito, " Dual band planar inverted F antenna for laptop computers," IEEE Antennas and propagation International Symposium, Vol. 3, 87-90, Columbus, OH, USA, 2003.