Folded wire load antennas with matching network are designed by using optimization algorithms. The loads are parallel capacitor/inductor/resistor circuits that are adjusted by means of Differential Evolution (DE) optimizers to maximize bandwidth and the matching networks. The measured voltage standing-wave ratio (VSWR) of the load folded dipoles confirms broadband performance and agrees with data obtained from moment method computations. Antennas having bandwidth ratio of 2.5 : 1, with measured VSWR less than 3.5, meets the requirement.
2. Boag, A., A. Boag, E. Michielssen, and R. Mittra, "Design electrically loaded antennas using genetic algorithms," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 44, No. 5, 1996.
3. Rogers, S. D., M. Butler, and Q. Martin, "Design and realization of GA-optimized wire monopole and matching network with 20 : 1 bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, 493-502, 2003.
4. Mattioni, L. and G. Marrocco, "Desing of a broadband HF antenna for multimode naval communications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 4, 179-182, 2005.
5. Storn, R. and K. Price, "Differential evolution --- A simple and efficient adaptive scheme for global optimization over continuous spaces," Univ. California, Berkeley, Int. Comput. Sci. Inst., Berkeley.
6. Storn, R., "System design by constraint adaptation and differential evolution," IEEE Trans. Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 3, 22-34, 1999.
7. Qing, A., X. Xu, and Y. B. Gan, "Anisotropy of composite materials with inclusion with orientation preference," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, No. 2, 737-744, 2005.
8. Xue, F., A. C. Sanderson, and R. J. Graves, "Pareto-based multi-objective differential evolution," Proceedings of the 2003 Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC'2003), Vol. 2, 862-869, IEEE Press, Canberra, Australia, 2003.
9. Noman, N. and H. Iba, "Accelerating differential evolution using an adaptive local search," IEEE Trans. Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 12, No. 1, 107-125, 2008.
10. Li, R., L. Xu, X.-W. Shi, N. Zhang, and Z.-Q. Lv, "Improved differential evolution strategy for antenna array pattern synthesis problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 429-441, 2011.
11. Bo, Y. and B. Liu, "An epitome-based evolutionary algorithm with behavior division for multi-model optimizations algorithm," IEEE Int. Conference Neural Networks & Signal Processing, Zhenjiang, China, Jun. 8-10, 2008.
12. Li, J.-Y., "A bi-swarm optimizing strategy and its application of antenna design," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 14-15, 1877-1886, 2009.
13. Guo, J.-L. , J.-Y., and Li, "Pattern synthesis of conformal array antenna in the presence of platform using dierential evolution algorithm," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propagat., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2615-2621, 2009.
14. Rogers, D. and C. M. Butler, "An efficient curved-wire integral equation solution technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 49, No. 1, 70-79, 2001.