A novel miniaturized microstrip six-port junction is presented. The new structure effectively reduces the occupied area to 25% of the conventional six-port junction due to two open loaded stubs. The design is validated both by using momentum of Advanced Design System and by measurement.
2. Li, C., H. Zhang, and P. Wang, "A novel six-port circuit based on four quadrature hybrids," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 20, 128-132, 2010.
3. Mohra, A. S., " Six-port reflectometer based on four 0。/180。 micro-strip ring couplers," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 40, 167-170, 2004.
4. Yao , J. J. and S. P. Yeo, "Six-port reflectometer based on modified hybrid coupler," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 56, 493-498, 2008.
5. Bilik, V., V. Raffai, and J. Bezek, "Miniature broadband lumped six-port reflectometers," J. Commun., Vol. 42, 7-14, 1991.
6. Yu, J. and Y. Kim, "Performance analysis for various structures of six-port phase correlator using hybrid coupler, power divider and rat-race ring coupler," International Symposium on Computer Science and Its Applications, 243-246, 2008.
7. Vogel, R. W., "Analysis and design of lumped-and lumped-distributed-element directional couplers for MIC and MMIC applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 40, 253-262, 1992.