Violations of the process of methylation reveal itself at the early stages of malignant transformation of cells, and the content of 5-methylcytosine can serve as a diagnostic test for tumor formation and treatment of disease. The carried out studies revealed the correlation of antitumor activity of MM-therapy (the coherent millimeter electromagnetic waves of low intensity) with inhibition of methylation of tumor DNA in vivo. It is established that an half-hour exposure of MM-radiation results in the tumor growth inhibition by 33,5% and a sharp suppression of the level of DNA-methylation -2.5 times. The results obtained in this experiment indicate the prospects of working out the MM-therapy for clinical oncology in the treatment of malignant neoplasms.
2. Rojavin, M. A. and M. C. Ziskin, "Medical applications of millimeter waves," QJ Med., Vol. 91, 57-66, 1998.
3. Pletnev, S. D., "The use of millimeter band electromagnetic waves in clinical oncology," Crit. Rev. Biomed. Eng., Vol. 28, 573-587, 2000.
4. Gapeyev, A. B. and N. K. Chemeris, "Model approach to the analyses of effects of modulated electromagnetic radiation on animal cells," Biophysics, Vol. 45, 299-312, 2000.
5. Tadevosyan, H. , V. Kalantaryan, and A. Trchounian, "Extremely high frequency electromagnetic radiation enforces bacterial effects of inhibitors and antiobiotics," Cell Biochemestry & Biophysics, Vol. 51, No. 2-3, 97-103, Jul. 2008.
6. Kalantaryan, V. P., P. O. Vardevanyan, Y. S. Babayan, E. S. Gevorgyan, S. N. Hakobyan, and A. P. Antonyan, "Influence of low intensity coherent electromagnetic millimeter radiation (EMR) on aqua solution of DNA," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 1-9, 2010.
7. Shenberg, A. S. , M. G. Uzbekov, S. N. Shihov, A. S. Bazyan, and G. M. Chernyakov, "Some neyrotrop effects of low intensity electromagnetic waves on the rats with different typological pecularities of the highest neural activity," Journal of the Highest Neural Activity, Vol. 50, 867-877, 2000.
8. Minasyan, S. M. , G. Y. Grigoryan, S. G. Saakyan, A. A. Akhumyan, and V. P. Kalantaryan, "Effects of the action of microwave-frequency electromagnetic radiation on the spike activity of neurons in the supraoptic nucleus of the Hypothalamus in rats," Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology, Vol. 37, No. 2, 175-180, USA, 2007.
9. Sitko, S. P. and L. N. Mkrtchyan, "Introduction to Quantum Medicine,", Pattern, Kiyev, 1994.
10. Logani, M. , I. Szabo, V. Makar, A. Bhanushali, S. Alekseev, and M. Ziskin, "Effect of Millimeter wave irradiation on tumor metastasis," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 27, 258-264, 2006.
11. Kalantaryan, V., Y. Babayan, and A. Tadevosyan, "Investigation of the binding of antitumor compouds of Mitoxantrone and Amentantrone with the DNA-irradiated millimeter electromagnetic waves," Abstracts Book, UICC World Cancer Congress, 82, Geneva, Switzerland, Aug. 27-31, 2008.
12. Kalantaryan, V., Y. Babayan, and J. Gharibyan, "Cross influence of Doxorubicin antitumour drug and millimeter electromagnetic waves on structure of tumour DNA," Abstracts Book, UICC World Cancer Congress, Geneva, Switzerland, Aug. 27-31, 2008.
13. Chidishimo, G., et al., "Selective inhibition of tumor cells growth by low power millimeter waves," Anticancer Research, Vol. 22, 1681-1688, 2002.
14. Kuzmenko, A. P., et al., "Features of course of tumoral process at influence low power microwave radiations on acupuncture points in experiment," Experimental Oncology,, Vol. 14, No. 1, 72, 1992.
15. Burnham, C. M., "Components of Listeria and Escherichia coli have been used to prime the immune system in a novel approach to fighting cancer," Drug Discover Today, Vol. 2, No. 8, 54-58, 2003.
16. Partha, M. D. and S. Rakesh, "DNA methylation and cancer," J. Clinical Oncology, Vol. 22, No. 22, 4632-4642, 2004.
17. Chernov, V. A., "Methods of Experimental Chemotherapy,", 357-403, Medicine Press, Moscow, 1971.
18. Makar , V. R., M. K. Logani, A. Bhanushali, S. I. Alekseev, and M. C. Ziskin, "Effect of Cyclophosphamide and 61.22 GHz millimeter waves on T-cell, B-cell,and macrophage functions," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 27, 458-466, 2006.
19. Gapeyev, A. B. , P. A. Sokolov, and N. K. Chemeris, "A study of absorption of energy of the extremely high frequency electromagnetic radiation in the rat skin by various dosimetric methods and approaches," Biophysics, Vol. 47, 759-768, 2002.
20. Gapeyev, A. B., E. N. Mikhailik, and N. K. Chemeris, "Anti-inflammatory effects of low-intensity extremely high-frequency electromagnetic radiation: Frequency and power dependence," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 29, 197-206, 2008.
21. Vanyushin, B. F., A. H. Masin, V. R. Vasiliev, and A. N. Belozersky, "The content of 5-methylcytosine in animal DNA: The species ant tissue specificity," Biochem. Et Biophys. Acta., Vol. 299, 397-403, 1973.
22. Hsieh, C.-L., "The de novo methylation activity of Dnmt3a is distinctly different than that of DNMT1," BMC Biochemistry, Vol. 6, 6, 2005.
23. Li, , E. and A. Bird, DNA Methylation in Mammals, 341-356, Epigenetics --- Cold Spring Harbor, NY, 2007.
24. Barret, J.-M. , B. Salles, C. Provot, and B. T. Hill, "Evaluation of DNA repair inhibition by antitumor or antibiotic drugs using a chemiluminescense microplate assay," Carcinogenesis, Vol. 18, 2441-2445, 1997.
25. Teppone, M. V. and R. S. Avagyan, "Extremely high frequency (EHF) therapy in oncology," Millimeter Waves in Biology and Medicine, Vol. 1, No. 29, 3-19, 2003.
26. Bhatacharya, S. , et al., "A mammalian protein with specific demethylase activity for mCpG DNA," Nature, Vol. 397, 579-583, 1999.