A simple electromagnetically coupled broadband printed microstrip antenna suitable for multifunctional wireless communication bands is presented. V-slots and corner notches are employed in a rectangular patch to achieve broadband operation. The proposed antenna has a 2:1 VSWR bandwidth of 51% from 3.75 GHz to 6.33 GHz. The simulated and measured reflection characteristics of the antenna along with the radiation patterns and gain are presented and discussed.
2. Abbaspour, M. and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband star-shaped microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 1, 61-68, 2008.
3. Osman, H. A., E. A. Aballah, and A. A. Abdel Rhim, "A novel broadband compact circular disk microstrip antenna for wireless applications," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 7, 761-766, 2008.
4. Ansari, J. A. and R. B. Ram, "Broadband stacked U-slot microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 4, 17-24, 2008.
5. Ansari, J. A., P. Singh, S. K. Dubey, R. U. Khan, and B. R. Vishwakarma, "Analysis of stacked V-slot loaded patch antenna for wideband application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 2, 324-330, 2009.
6. Rafi, G. and L. Shafai, "Broadband microstrip patch antenna with V-slot," IEE Proc. Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 151, 435-440, 2004.
7. Chai, W., X. Zhang, and J. Liu, "Broadband microstrip antenna fed by a novel coupling device," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 1064-1066, 2007.
8. Wi, S.-H., Y.-S. Lee, and J.-G. Yook, "Wideband microstrip patch antenna with U-shaped parasitic elements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, 1196-1199, 2008.
9. Caratelli, D., R. Cicchetti, G. Bit Babik, and A. Faraone, "A perturbed E-shaped patch antenna for wideband WLAN applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, 1871-1874, 2006.
10. Rafi, G. Z. and L. Shafai, "A perturbed E-shaped patch antenna for wideband WLAN applications," Electronic Letters, Vol. 40, No. 19, 1166-1167, 2004.