A novel rectangular slot antenna with embedded self-similar strips is proposed for wireless local area network (WLAN) applications. The proposed antenna comprises a T-shaped monopole and inverted self-similar strips embedded in the rectangular slot etched on the ground plane. The measured results of the fabricated antenna show that the impedance bandwidths (VSWR<2) are 180 MHz from 2.36 to 2.54 GHz and 920 MHz from 5.05 to 5.97 GHz, which cover all the 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN operating bands. And the radiation patterns are almost omni-directional in the azimuthal plane within the lower operating bands.
2. Augustin, G., S. V. Shynu, P. Mohanan, C. K. Aanandan, and K. Vasudevan, "Compact dual-band antenna for wireless access point ," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 9, April 27, 2006.
3. Sun, S.-Y., S.-Y. Huang, and J.-S. Sun, "A printed multiband antenna for cellphone applications," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, 742-744, 2009.
4. Jolani, F., A. M. Dadgarpour, and H. R. Hassani, "Compact M-slot folded patch antenna for WLAN," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 35-42, 2008.
5. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Square slot antenna for dual wideband wireless communication systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 12, 1571-1581, 2005.
6. Sze, J.-Y. and W.-S. Chang, "Dual-band square slot antenna with embedded crossed strips for wireless local area network applications," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, 435-439, 2009.
7. Wu, J.-W., "2.4/5 GHz Dual band triangular slot antenna with compact operation," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 45, 81-84, 2005.
8. Liang, X.-L., S.-S. Zhong, and C.-H. Li, "T-shaped slot antenna for 2.4/5.2 GHz WLAN operation," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 48, 2156-2158, 2006.
9. Archevapanich, T., J. Nakasuwan, N. Songthanapitak, N. Ansntrasirichai, and T. Wakabayashi, "E-shaped slot antenna for WLAN applications," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 1119-1123, 2007.
10. Ren, W., "Compact dual-band slot antenna for 2.4/5 GHz WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 319-327, 2008.
11. Gai, S., Y.-C. Jiao, Y.-B. Yang, C.-Y. Li, and J.-G. Gong, "Design of a novel microstrip-fed dual-band slot antenna for WLAN applcations ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 75-81, 2010.
12. Behera, S. and K. J. Vinoy, "Microstrip square ring antenna antenna for dualband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 41-56, 2009.
13. Wu, J.-W., H.-M. Hsiao, J.-H. Lu, and S.-H. Chang, "Dual broadband design of rectangular slot antenna for 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless communication ," Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 23, Nov. 11, 2004.
14. Yoon, J. H., G. H. Han, D. H. Kim, J. C. Lee, S. M. Woo, and H. H. Kim, "Design of triangular slot antenna for tri-band (2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz) antenna with fork-like tuning stub," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, 1561-1565, 2007.