A 6:1 unequal Wilkinson power divider that combines the advantages of a coplanar waveguide with an electromagnetic bandgap (EBG CPW) and microstrip line structures suitable for a PCB circuit design is proposed. The highly characteristic impedance transmission line (TL) is realized by employing the proposed EBG CPW structure, which is difficultly achieved using the conventional microstrip line or CPW due to printed circuit board (PCB) process limitations. The proposed EBG structure enables the CPW line to have a very high characteristic impedance of over 207 Ω. The fabricated 6:1 power divider delivers excellent matching and isolation performances with more than 34 dB at 1.5 GHz. It also has exact dividing ratios of 8.46 dB and 0.7 dB at two output ports, respectively.
2. Shamsinejad, S., M. Soleimani, and N. Komjani, "Novel Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters ,", Vol. 3, 9-16, 2008.
3. Oraizi, H. and M. S. Esfahlan, "Miniaturization of Wilkinson power dividers by using defected ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 113-120, 2008.
4. Lim, J. S., G. Y. Lee, Y. C. Jeong, D. Ahn, and K. S. Choi, "A 1 : 6 unequal Wilkinson power divider,", 200-203, September 2006.
5. Lim, J. S., S. W. Lee, C. S. Kim, J. S. Park, D. Ahn, and S. Nam, "A 4 : 1 unequal Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, 124-126, March 2001.
6. Lim, J., S. Oh, J. J. Koo, Y. Jeong, and D. Ahn, "A power divider with adjustable dividing ratio," IEICE Transactions on Electronics, Vol. E91-C, 389-391, March 2008.
7. Ko, Y. J., J. Y. Park, and J. U. Bu, "Fully integrated unequal Wilkinson power divider with EBG CPW," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 13, 276-278, July 2003.