A bat-shaped microstrip patch antenna is proposed with tri-band characteristics (11.0-11.5 GHz), (11.8-12.3 GHz), (13.0-14.3 GHz) and impedance bandwidth 4.4%, 4.1%, and 9.5% at resonant frequencies 11.37 GHz, 12.2 GHz, and 13.5 GHz, respectively. The proposed antenna exhibits peak gain of 2.6 dBi. The proposed microstrip patch antenna shows the dual band circularly polarized characteristics with two bands (11.0-13.0 GHz) and (13.2-14.0 GHz) and 3 dB axial-ratio (AR) impedance bandwidths 15% and 5.2%, respectively. Investigation of proposed antenna is done using evolution technique. The results are verified experimentally in terms of reflection coefficient, gain, axial ratio, and radiation pattern.
2. Kumar, G. and K. P. Ray, Broadband Micro-strip Antenna, Norwood, MA, 2003.
doi:The server didn't respond in time.
3. Cicchetti, R., E. Miozzi, and O. Testa, "Wideband and UWB antennas for wireless applications: A comprehensive review," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 1-45, Article ID 2390808, 2017.
4. Mishra, B., V. Singh, and R. Singh, "Dual and wide-band slot loaded stacked micro-strip patch antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 23, No. 8, 3467-3475, 2017.
5. Kumar, G. and K. Gupta, "Non radiating edges and four edges gap-coupled multiple resonator broad-band micro-strip antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 33, No. 2, 173-178, 1985.
6. Srivastava, K. and R. Singh, "Dual band integrated wideband multi resonating patch antenna for C-Band and Ku-band applications," International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, Vol. 65, 347-392, 2019.
7. Srivastava, K., B. Mishra, and R. Singh, "Micro-strip-line-fed inverted L-shaped circularly polarized antenna for C-band applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-9, 2021.
8. Ghorbani, A., M. Ansarizadeh, and R. A. Abd-alhameed, "Bandwidth limitations on linearly polarized micro-strip antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 2, 250-257, 2010.
9. Maurya, R. K., B. K. Kanaujia, A. K. Gautam, S. Chatterji, and A. K. Singh, "Circularly polarized hexagonal ring microstrip patch antenna with asymmetrical feed and DGS," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 4, 1702-1708, 2020.
10. Adam, I., M. N. M. Yasin, P. J. Soh, K. Kamardin, M. F. Jamlos, H. Lago, and M. S. Razalli, "A simple wideband electromagnetically fed circular polarized antenna for energy harvesting," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 2390-2397, 2017.
11. Nasimuddin, Z., N. Chen, and X. Qing, "Asymmetric-circular shaped slotted micro-strip antennas for circular polarization and RFID applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 12, 3821-3828, 2010.
12. Ye, X., M. He, P. Zhou, and H. Son, "A compact single-feed circularly polarized micro-strip antenna with symmetric and wide-beamwidth radiation pattern," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 1-8, 2013.
13. Lam, K. Y., K.-M. Luk, K. F. Lee, H. Wong, and K. B. Ng, "Small circularly polarized U-slot wideband patch antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 87-90, 2011.
14. Tang, H., K. Wang, C. Wu, J. Zhang, and X. Wang, "A novel broadband circularly polarized monopole antenna based on C-shaped radiator," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 964-967, 2017.
15. Kandasamy, K., B. Mujumdar, J. Mukherjee, and K. P. Ray, "Dual-band circularly polarized split ring resonators loaded square slot antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 8, 3640-3645, 2016.
16. Wu, J., Y. Yin, Z.Wang, and R. Lian, "Broadband circularly polarized patch antenna with parasitic strips," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 559-562, 2015.
17. Ding, K., C. Gao, D. Qu, and Q. Yin, "Compact broadband circularly polarized antenna with parasitic patches," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 9, 4854-4857, 2017.
18. Dhara, R., "A compact dual band dual polarized monopole antenna with enhanced bandwidth for C, X, and Ku band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 96, 65-72, 2021.
19. Srivastava, K., B. Mishra, A. Patel, and R. Singh, "Circularly polarized defected ground stub matched triple band microstrip antenna for C- and X-band applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, 1-9, 2020.
20. Brar, R. S., K. Saurav, D. Sarkar, and K. V. Srivastava, "A triple band circular polarized monopole antenna for GNSS/UMTS/LTE," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 2, 298-304, 2017.
21. Zahid, M. N., J. Jiang, N. Ashraf, and M. S. Nazir, "Tri-band circularly polarized micro-strip patch antenna for GPS and DVB-h applications," IEEE 16th International Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 1029-1033, 2019.
22. Dhara, R. and M. Mitra, "A triple-band circularly polarized annular ring antenna with asymmetric ground plane for wireless applications," Engineering Reports, 1-17, 2020.
23. Nitika, R. Khanna and J. Kaur, "Optimization of modied T-shape micro-strip patchantenna using differential algorithm for X and Ku bandapplications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, 219-229, 2017.
24. Saxena, S., B. K. Kanaujia, S. Dwari, S. Kumar, and R. Tiwari, "A compact micro-strip fed dual polarized multiband antenna for IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax applications," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics & Communication, Vol. 72, 95-103, 2017.
25. Pedram, K., J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, and M. Karamirad, "A multiband circularly polarized antenna with simple structure for wireless communication system," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 2290-2297, 2017.
26. Remya, V. R., M. Abraham, A. R. Parvathy, and T. Mathew, "Multiband circularly polarized micro-strip patch antenna with minkowski fractal slot for wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 116, 65-80, 2021.
27. Anjaneyulu, G. and J. S. Varma, "Left hand circularly polarized patch antenna for X and Ku band applications," IEEE Indian Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 1-4, 2019.
28. Lakrit, S., H. Ammor, S. Matah, R. Karli, A. Saadi, J. Terhzaz, and A. Tribak, "A new small high-gain wideband rectangular patch antenna for X and Ku bands applications," Journal of Taibah University for Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, 202-207, 2018.
29. Islam, M. T., S. Mahmud, H. Islam, Al. Shahriar, S. S. Islam, M. R. I. Faruque, and A. H. Gulib, "Design of a microstrip patch antenna for the Ku band applications," Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 42, 1502-1505, 2021.