A problem of electromagnetic waves radiation diffracted at a narrow rectilinear arbitrarily oriented slot cut in an end wall of a semi-infinite rectangular waveguide is solved by an asymptotic averaging method. The slot radiates into a half-space over an infinite perfectly conducting plane. An influence of slot inclination angle upon energy and spatial characteristics is numerically studied. Theoretical results are compared with experimental data. A numerical-analytical problem of a narrow rectilinear slot radiating into the space above an infinite impedance plane is also presented. The asymptotic solution for the slot magnetic current was obtained by a generalized method of induced magnetomotive forces (MMF) by using Green's functions of a space above the impedance plane. The effect of the plane with impedance coating on the slot is reduced taking into account an additional term to the slot external conductivity, for which the expressions were obtained in an analytical form.
2. Harrington, R. F. and J. R. Mautz, "Computational methods for transmission of waves," Electromagnetic Scattering, Uslenghi P. L. E. (ed.), 429-470, Academic Press, NY, 1978.
3. Nesterenko, M. V. and Yu. M. Penkin, "Diffraction radiation from a slot in the impedance end of a semi-infinite rectangular waveguide," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 47, 489-499, 2004.
4. Das, B. N., A. Chakraborty, and N. V. S. Narasimna Sarma, "S matrix of slot-coupled H-plane Tee junction using rectangular waveguides," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 38, 779-781, 1990.
5. Abdelmonem, A., H.-W. Yao, and K. A. Zaki, "Slit coupled E-plane rectangular T-junctions using single port mode matching technique," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 42, 903-907, 1994.
6. Berdnik, S. L., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, and Yu. M. Penkin, "Waveguide T-junctions with resonant coupling between sections of different dimensions," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, 1059-1065, 2017.
7. Berdnik, S. L., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, Yu. M. Penkin, and O. M. Dumin, "Yagi-Uda combined radiating structures of centimeter and millimeter wave bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 93, 89-97, 2020.
8. Mazzarella, G. and G. Montisci, "Accurate modeling of coupling junctions in dielectric covered waveguide slot arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 17, 59-71, 2011.
9. Montesions-Ortego, I., M. Sierra-Perez, M. Zhang, J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Mutual coupling in longitudinal arrays of compound slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 46, 59-78, 2013.
10. Camacho, M., R. R. Boix, F. Medina, A. P. Hibbings, and J. R. Sambles, "Extraordinary transmission and radiation from finite by infinite arrays of slots," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 68, 581-586, 2020.
11. Yang, R. and A. S. Omar, "Analysis of thin inclined rectangular aperture with arbitrary location in rectangular waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 41, 1461-1463, 1993.
12. Rud, L. A., "Axially rotated step junction of rectangular waveguides and resonant diaphragms based thereupon," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 55, 17-26, 2001.
13. Nesterenko, M. and V. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguides coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 101-129, 2006.
14. Warne, L. K., "Eddy current power dissipation at sharp corners: closely spaced rectangular conductors," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 9, 1441-1458, 1995.
15. Lagarkov, A. N., V. N. Semenenko, A. A. Basharin, and N. P. Balabukha, "Abnormal radiation pattern of metamaterial waveguide," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, 641-644, 2008.
16. Koshkid’ko, V. G. and O. V. Alpatova, "The equivalent surface impedance slit impedance of the load based on the holes in the screen. The case of E-polarization," Technology and Electronics, Vol. 48, 57-63, 2003.
17. Tretyakov, S., Analytical Modeling in Applied Electromagnetics, Artech House, NY, 2003.
18. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, S. L. Berdnik, and O. M. Dumin, Combined Vibrator-slot Structures: Theory and Applications, Springer Nature Swizerland AG, Cham, Swizerland, 2020.
19. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, Analytical and Hybrid Methods in Theory of Slot-hole Coupling of Electrodynamic Volumes, Springer Science+Business Media, NY, 2008.
20. Yoshitomi, K., "Equivalent currents for an aperture in an impedance surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 42, 1554-1556, 1994.
21. Yoshitomi, K., "Radiation from a slot in an impedance surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, 1370-1376, 2001.