In this article, a compact super wideband (SWB) monopole antenna with a wide-frequency is designed and analyzed for future handheld gadgets. The designed antenna is made by etching four slots on a round cornered rectangular patch which are connected through a 50-Ω triangular tapered microstrip transmission feedline (TTMTF) for broadband impedance matching. A triangular slot is etched on the semicircular partial ground plane, which helps to shift the lower frequency edge of 1.07 GHz to 1 GHz. The experimental results show that the proposed antenna operates over a wide frequency range of 1-30 GHz with a reflection coefficient of less than -10 dB. The antenna acquires a compact dimension of 25 x 16 x 0.787 mm3. Further, an equivalent circuit method is used to analyze the proposed structure, and its outcome is compared with the simulated and experimental results. The peak gain of the designed antenna is about 5.5 dBi. The proposed antenna has low cross-polarization even at higher frequencies. Finally, the time domain analysis is also carried out to see the distortion between transmitting and receiving modes. The designed antenna can be used for various wireless applications such as NB-IoT, GPS, Wi-BRO, ISM band, IRNSS, WiMAX, X-band, Ku-band, and K-band.
2. Wong, K. L., Planar Antennas for Wireless Communications, Wiley Inter-Science, 2003.
3. Rumsey, V., Frequency Independent Antennas, Academic Press, New York, 1966.
4. Chen, D. and C. Q. Cheng, "A novel compact Ultra-Wideband (UWB) wide slot antenna with via holes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 343-349, 2009.
5. Haq, M. A. U., S. Koziel, and Q. S. Cheng, "Miniaturisation of wideband antennas by means of feed line topology alterations," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 13, 2128-2134, 2018.
6. Dong, Y., W. Hong, and L. Liu, "Performance analysis of a printed super-wideband antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 4, 949-956, 2009.
7. Singhal, S. and A. K. Singh, "Elliptical monopole based super wideband fractal antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1324-1328, 2020.
8. Trinh-van, S., G. Kwon, and K. C. Hwang, "Planar super-wideband loop antenna with asymmetric coplanar strip feed," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 2, 96-98, 2015.
9. Omar, S. A., et al., "An array of M-SHAPED vivaldi antennas for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 68, 67-72, 2017.
10. Iqbal, A., O. A. Saraereh, and S. K. Jaiswal, "Maple leaf shaped UWB monopole antenna with dual band notch functionality," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 71, 169-175, 2017.
11. Iqbal, A., et al., "A compact UWB antenna with independently controllable notch bands," Sensors, Vol. 19, No. 6, 1411, 2019.
12. Palaniswami, S. K., M. Kanagasabai, and S. A. Kumar, "Super wideband printed monopole antenna for ultra wideband applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, No. 1, 133-141, 2017.
13. Oskouei, H. D. and A. Mirtaheri, "A monopole super wideband microstrip antenna with band-notch rejection," 2017 Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium — Fall (PIERS — FALL), 2019-2024, Singapore, Singapore, Nov. 19–22, 2017.
14. Okan, T., "A compact octagonal-ring monopole antenna for super wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1237-1244, 2020.
15. Singhal, S. and A. K. Singh, "CPW-fed hexagonal Sierpinski super wideband fractal antenna," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 15, 1701-1707, 2016.
16. Samsuzzaman, M. and M. T. Islam, "A semicircular shaped super wideband patch antenna with high bandwidth dimension ratio," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 2, 445-452, 2015.
17. Tahir, F. A. and A. H. Naqvi, "A compact hut-shaped printed antenna for super-wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 11, 2645-2649, 2015.
18. Sharma, M., "Superwideband triple notch monopole antenna for multiple wireless applications," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 104, No. 1, 459-470, 2019.
19. Rahman, M. N., et al., "Compact microstrip patch antenna proclaiming super wideband characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 10, 2563-2570, 2017.
20. Aziz, S. Z. and M. F. Jamlos, "Compact super wideband patch antenna design using diversities of reactive loaded technique," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 12, 2811-2814, 2016.
21. Manohar, M., R. S. Kshetrimayum, and A. K. Gogoi, "Printed monopole antenna with tapered feed line, feed region and patch for super wideband applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 8, No. 1, 39-45, 2014.
22. Risco, S., et al., "Coupled monopole antenna design for multiband handset devices," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 2, 359-364, 2010.
23. Chu, Q. X. and Y. Y. Yang, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with 3.4/5.5GHz dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 12, 3637-3644, 2008.
24. Zhu, X., et al., "A novel definition and measurement method of group delay and its application," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 58, No. 1, 229-233, 2008.
25. Mussina, R., et al., "A rapid accurate technique to calculate the group delay, dispersion and dispersion slope of arbitrary radial refractive index profile weakly-guiding optical fibers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 145, 93-113, 2014.
26. Quintero, G., J. F. Zurcher, and A. K. Skrivervik, "System fidelity factor: A new method for comparing UWB antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 7, 2502-2212, 2011.