In general, the problem of the excitation (radiation, scattering) of electromagnetic fields by a system of finite-dimensional material objects in arbitrary electrodynamic volumes is formulated. On the basis of the impedance concept, the problem is reduced to solving two-dimensional integral equations for electric surface currents on material objects. A physically correct transition from the obtained integral equations to a system of one-dimensional equations for currents on electrically thin impedance vibrators (monopoles) with electrophysical and geometric parameters that can be irregular along their length is made. As an example, a system of two monopoles with a variable surface impedance located in a rectangular waveguide is considered. The problem was solved by the generalized method of induced electromotive forces (EMF). A distinctive feature of this method is that the current distribution functions found by the asymptotic averaging method are used to solve integral equations for currents. The numerical and experimental results concerning electrodynamic characteristics of the structure under consideration are presented.
2. Craven, G. F. and C. K. Mok, "The design of evanescent mode waveguide bandpass filters for a prescribed insertion loss characteristic," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 19, 295-308, 1971.
3. Eisenhart, R. L. and P. J. Khan, "Theoretical and experimental analysis of a waveguide mounting structure," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 19, 706-719, 1971.
4. Petlenko, V. A. and M. V. Nesterenko, "Current distribution and resonance of rod conductors in a rectangular waveguide," Radiophysics Quantum Electronics, Vol. 27, 236-241, 1984.
5. Lopuch, S. L. and T. K. Ishii, "Field distribution of two conducting posts in a waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 32, 29-33, 1984.
6. Williamson, A. G., "Variable-length cylindrical post in a rectangular waveguide," IEE Proceedings, Vol. 133, Pt. H, 1-9, 1986.
7. Hashemi-Yeganeh, S. and C. R. Birtcher, "Numerical and experimental studies of current distributions on thin metallic posts inside rectangular waveguides," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 42, 1063-1068, 1994.
8. Roelvink, J. and A. G. Williamson, "Reactance of hollow, solid, and hemispherical-cap cylindricalposts in rectangular waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, 3156-3160, 2005.
9. Kirilenko, A., D. Kulik, L. Mospan, and L. Rud, "Two notched band two post waveguide," Proc. of 12th Int. Math. Methods Electromagn. Theory Conf., 164-166, 2008.
10. Tomassoni, C. and R. Sorrentino, "A new class pseudoelliptic waveguide filters using dual-post resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 61, 2332-2339, 2013.
11. Cassedy, E. S. and J. Fainberg, "Back scattering cross sections of cylindrical wires of finite conductivity," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 8, 1-7, 1960.
12. King, R. W. P. and T. T. Wu, "The imperfectly conducting cylindrical transmitting antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 14, 524-534, 1966.
13. Lamensdorf, D., "An experimental investigation of dielectric-coated antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 15, 767-771, 1967.
14. Inagaki, N., O. Kukino, and T. Sekiguchi, "Integral equation analysis of cylindrical antennas characterized by arbitrary surface impedance," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. 55-B, 683-690, 1972.
15. Bretones, A. R., R. G. Martın, and I. S. Garcıa, "Time-domain analysis of magnetic-coated wire antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 43, 591-596, 1995.
16. Nesterenko, M. V., "The electromagnetic wave radiation from a thin impedance dipole in a lossy homogeneous isotropic medium," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 61, 840-853, 2004.
17. Hanson, G. W., "Radiation efficiency of nano-radius dipole antennas in the microwave and far-infrared regimes," IEEE Antennas Propagat. Mag., Vol. 50, No. 3, 66-77, 2008.
18. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, Thin Impedance Vibrators. Theory and Applications, Springer Science+Business Media, New York, 2011.
19. Lewin, L., Theory of Waveguides. Techniques for the Solution of Waveguide Problems, Newnes-Butterworths, London, 1975.
20. Gorobets, N. N., M. V. Nesterenko, V. A. Petlenko, and N. A. Khizhnyak, "Thin impedance vibrator in a rectangular waveguide," Radio Eng., Vol. 39, 65-68, 1984.
21. Gorobets, N. N., M. V. Nesterenko, and V. A. Petlenko, "Resonance characteristics of thin impedance dipoles in a cutoff rectangular waveguide," Telecommunications Radio Eng., Vol. 45, No. 4, 110-112, 1990.
22. Penkin, D. Yu, V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, M. V. Nesterenko, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, "Electrodynamic characteristics of a radial impedance vibrator on a perfect conduction sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 62, 137-151, 2015.
23. Penkin, Yu. M., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, S. L. Berdnik, and V. M. Dakhov, Electromagnetic Fields Excited in Volumes with Spherical Boundaries, Springer Nature Swizerland AG, Cham, Swizerland, 2019.
24. Wu, T. T. and R. W. P. King, "The cylindrical antenna with nonreflecting resistive loading," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 13, 369-373, 1965.
25. Shen, L.-C., "An experimental study of the antenna with nonreflecting resistive loading," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 15, 606-611, 1967.
26. Taylor, C. D., "Cylindrical transmitting antenna: Tapered resistivity and multiple impedance loadings," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 16, 176-179, 1968.
27. Rao, B. L. J., J. E. Ferris, and W. E. Zimmerman, "Broadband characteristics of cylindrical antennas with exponentially tapered capacitive loading," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 17, 145-151, 1969.
28. Yeliseyeva, N. P., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Electrodynamic characteristics of horizontal impedance vibrator located over a finite-dimensional perfectly conducting screen," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 63, 275-288, 2015.
29. Garb, H. L., P. Sh. Friedberg, and I. M. Yakover, "Diffraction of an H10-wave on a thin resistive film with a stepwise change of surface impedance in a rectangular waveguide," Radioengineering Electronics, Vol. 30, 41-48, 1985 (in Russian).
30. Miek, D., P. Boe, F. Kamrath, and M. Hoft, "Techniques for the generation of multiple additional transmission zeros in H-plane waveguide filters," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 723-732, 2020.
31. Khizhnyak, N. A., Integral Equations of Macroscopical Electrodynamics, Naukova dumka, Kiev, 1986 (in Russian).