In this paper, we study a double intelligent reflect surface (IRS) aided secrecy transmission design in multiple-input single-output (MISO) channel. Specifically, we investigate a joint active and passive beamforming design to maximize the secrecy rate, subject to multiple non-convex constraints. An alternating optimization (AO) method is proposed, where the unit modulus constraints are handled by the alternating direction of multipliers method (ADMM) and majorization-minimization (MM) methods. Simulation results show the superiority of the proposed design.
2. Donelli, M., T. Moriyama, and M. Manekiya, "A compact switched-beam planar antenna array for wireless sensors operating at Wi-Fi band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 83, 137-145, 2018.
3. Rocca, P., M. Donelli, G. Oliveri, F. Viani, and A. Massa, "Reconfigurable sum-difference pattern by means of parasitic elements for forward-looking monopulse radar," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 7, No. 7, 747-754, 2013.
4. Hu, S., F. Rusek, and O. Edfors, "Beyond massive MIMO: The potential of data transmission with large intelligent surfaces," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 66, No. 10, 2746-2758, May 2018.
5. Lyu, J. and R. Zhang, "Spatial throughput characterization for intelligent reflecting surface aided multiuser system," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 6, 834-838, Jun. 2020.
6. Yan, W., X. Yuan, Z.-Q. He, and X. Kuai, "Passive beamforming and information transfer design for reconfigurable intelligent surfaces aided multiuser MIMO systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 38, No. 8, 1793-1808, Aug. 2020.
7. Tang, W., M. Chen, J. Dai, Y. Zeng, X. Zhao, S. Jin, Q. Cheng, and T. Cui, "Wireless communications with programmable metasurface new paradigms, opportunities, and challenges on transceiver design," IEEE Wireless Commun., Vol. 27, No. 2, 180-187, Apr. 2020.
8. Wu, Q. and R. Zhang, "Towards smart and reconfigurable environment: Intelligent reflecting surface aided wireless networks," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 58, No. 1, 106-112, Jan. 2020.
9. Gong, S., X. Lu, D. Hoang, D. Niyato, L. Shu, D. Kim, and Y. C. Liang, "Towards smart wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surfaces: A contemporary survey," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., June 2020.
10. Huang, C., A. Zappone, G. C. Alexandropoulos, M. Debbah, and C. Yuen, "Reconfigurable intelligent surfaces for energy efficiency in wireless communication," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 18, No. 8, 4157-4170, Aug. 2019.
11. Guo, H., Y. Liang, J. Chen, and E. G. Larsson, "Weighted sum-rate optimization for intelligent reflecting surface enhanced wireless networks,", 2019, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.07920.
12. Cao, Y., T. Lv, Z. Lin, W. Ni, and N. C. Beaulieu, "Delay-constrained joint power control, user detection and passive beamforming in intelligent reflecting surface assisted uplink mmWave system,", 2019, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1912.10030.
13. Yuan, J., Y. C. Liang, J. Joung, G. Feng, and E. G. Larsson, "Intelligent reflecting surface-assisted cognitive radio system,", 2019, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1912.10678.
14. Pan, C., H. Ren, K. Wang, M. Elkashlan, A. Nallanathan, J. Wang, and L. Hanzo, "Intelligent reflecting surface aided MIMO broadcasting for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 38, No. 8, 1719-1734, Aug. 2020.
15. Li, S., B. Duo, X. Yuan, Y. Liang, and M. Renzo, "Reconfigurable intelligent surface assisted UAV communication: Joint trajectory design and passive beamforming," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 5, 716-720, May 2020.
16. Feng, K., Q. Wang, X. Li, and C.-K. Wen, "Deep reinforcement learning based intelligent reflecting surface optimization for MISO communication systems," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 5, 745-749, May 2020.
17. Chen, X., D. W. K. Ng, W. Gerstacker, and H.-H. Chen, "A survey on multiple-antenna techniques for physical layer security," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., Vol. 19, No. 2, 1027-1053, 2nd Quart. 2017.
18. Hamamreh, J. M., H. M. Furqan, and H. Arslan, "Classifications and applications of physical layer security techniques for confidentiality: A comprehensive survey," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., Vol. 21, No. 2, 1773-1828, 2nd Quart. 2019.
19. Jameel, F., S. Wyne, G. Kaddoum, and T. Q. Duong, "A comprehensive survey on cooperative relaying and jamming strategies for physical layer security," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., Vol. 21, No. 3, 2734-2771, 3rd Quart. 2019.
20. Chu, Z., W. Hao, P. Xiao, and J. Shi, "Intelligent reflecting surface aided multi-antenna secure transmission," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 1, 108-112, Jan. 2020.
21. Guan, X., Q. Wu, and R. Zhang, "Intelligent reflecting surface assisted secrecy communication: Is artificial noise helpful or not?," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 6, 778-782, Jun. 2020.
22. Wang, H., J. Bai, and L. Dong, "Intelligent reflecting surfaces assisted secure transmission without eavesdropper’s CSI," IEEE Signal Process. Lett., Vol. 27, 1300-1304, Jul. 2020.
23. Dong, L. and H. Wang, "Enhancing secure MIMO transmission via intelligent reflecting surface," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 19, No. 11, 7543-7556, 2020.
24. Dong, L. and H.-M. Wang, "Secure MIMO transmission via intelligent reflecting surface," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 6, 787-790, Jun. 2020.
25. Hong, S., C. Pan, H. Ren, K. Wang, and A. Nallanathan, "Artificial-noise-aided secure MIMO wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surface," IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol. 68, No. 12, 7851-7866, 2020.
26. Niu, H. and L. Ni, "Intelligent reflect surface aided secure transmission in MIMO channel with SWIPT," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 192132-192140, Oct. 2020.
27. Yu, X., D. Xu, Y. Sun, D. W. K. Ng, and R. Schober, "Robust and secure wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surfaces," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 38, No. 11, 2637-2652, Nov. 2020.
28. Wang, Q., F. Zhou, R. Q. Hu, and Y. Qian, "Energy efficient robust beamforming and cooperative jamming design for IRS-assisted MISO networks,", 2020, [online], avaiable: https://arxiv.org/abs/2012.04843.
29. Han, Y., S. Zhang, L. Duan, and R. Zhang, "Cooperative double-IRS aided communication beamforming design and power scaling," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 8, 1206-1210, Aug. 2020.
30. You, C., B. Zheng, and R. Zhang, "Wireless communication via double IRS: Channel estimation and passive beamforming designs,", 2020, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/2008.11439.
31. Zheng, B., C. You, and R. Zhang, "Double-IRS assisted multi-user MIMO: Cooperative passive beamforming design,", 2020, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.13701.
32. Fan, W., J. Liang, and J. Li, "Constant modulus MIMO radar waveform design with minimum peak sidelobe transmit beampattern," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 66, No. 16, 4207-4222, Aug. 2018.
33. Yu, X., D. Xu, and R. Schober, "Enabling secure wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surfaces," Proc. IEEE Global Commun. Conf., 1-6, Waikoloa, HI, USA, Dec. 2019.