The problem of radiation of a magnetic dipole axially symmetric with an infinitesimally thin perfectly conducting circular disk is solved in an exact closed form. This is done by transforming the original dual integral equation system describing the problem into a single second-kind Fredholm integral equation and searching for the solution as a power series. Both low- and high-frequency asymptotic limits are also discussed from which simple approximate solutions are readily derived. Numerical results are provided to validate the proposed formulation.
2. Bouwkamp, C., "On the diffraction of electromagnetic waves by small circular disks and holes," Philips Research Reports, Vol. 5, 401-422, 1950.
3. Eggimann, W., "Higher-order evaluation of dipole moments of a small circular disk," IRE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 8, No. 5, 573-573, 1960.
4. Eggimann, W. H., "Higher-order evaluation of electromagnetic diffraction by circular disks," IRE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 9, No. 5, 408-418, 1961.
5. Williams, W., "Electromagnetic diffraction by a circular disk," Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc., Vol. 58, No. 4, 625-630, Cambridge University Press, 1962.
6. Jones, D., "Diffraction at high frequencies by a circular disc," Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc., Vol. 61, No. 1, 223-245, Cambridge University Press, 1965.
7. Marsland, D., C. Balanis, and S. Brumley, "Higher order diffractions from a circular disk," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 35, No. 12, 1436-1444, 1987.
8. Duan, D.-W., Y. Rahmat-Samii, and J. P. Mahon, "Scattering from a circular disk: A comparative study of PTD and GTD techniques," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 79, No. 10, 1472-1480, 1991.
9. Nosich, A. I., "The method of analytical regularization in wave-scattering and eigenvalue problems: Foundations and review of solutions," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., Vol. 41, No. 3, 34-49, 1999.
10. Bliznyuk, N. Y., A. I. Nosich, and A. N. Khizhnyak, "Accurate computation of a circular-disk printed antenna axisymmetrically excited by an electric dipole," Microw. Opt. Techn. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 3, 211-216, 2000.
11. Bliznyuk, A. N. N. Y., "Numerical analysis of a dielectric disk antenna," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 61, 273-278, 2004.
12. Hongo, K. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Diffraction of electromagnetic wave by disk and circular hole in a perfectly conducting plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 113-150, 2007.
13. Balaban, M. V., R. Sauleau, T. M. Benson, and A. I. Nosich, "Dual integral equations technique in electromagnetic wave scattering by a thin disk," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 16, 107-126, 2009.
14. Hongo, K., A. D. U. Jafri, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of electromagnetic spherical wave by a perfectly conducting disk," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 315-343, 2012.
15. Di Murro, F., M. Lucido, G. Panariello, and F. Schettino, "Guaranteed-convergence method of analysis of the scattering by an arbitrarily oriented zero-thickness PEC disk buried in a lossy half-space," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 8, 3610-3620, 2015.
16. Nosich, A. I., "Method of analytical regularization in computational photonics," Radio Sci., Vol. 51, No. 8, 1421-1430, 2016.
17. Lucido, M., G. Panariello, and F. Schettino, "Scattering by a zero-thickness PEC disk: A new analytically regularizing procedure based on Helmholtz decomposition and Galerkin method," Radio Sci., Vol. 52, No. 1, 2-14, 2017.
18. Lovat, G., P. Burghignoli, R. Araneo, S. Celozzi, A. Andreotti, D. Assante, and L. Verolino, "Shielding of a perfectly conducting circular disk: Exact and static analytical solution," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 95, 167-182, 2019.
19. Lovat, G., P. Burghignoli, R. Araneo, S. Celozzi, A. Andreotti, D. Assante, and L. Verolino, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 167, 1-10, 2020.
20. Saidoglu, N. Y. and A. I. Nosich, "Method of analytical regularization in the analysis of axially symmetric excitation of imperfect circular disk antennas," Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 79, 2872-2884, 2020.
21. Kocifaj, M., J. Klacka, F. Kundracik, and G. Videen, "Charge-induced electromagnetic resonances in nanoparticles," Ann. Phys., Vol. 527, No. 11–12, 765-769, 2015.
22. Sneddon, I. N., Mixed Boundary Value Problems in Potential Theory, North-Holland Pub. Co., Amsterdam, 1966.
23. Lebedev, N. and I. Skal’skaya, "Dual integral equations and the diffraction of electromagnetic waves by a conducting plane with a slit," Soviet Physics-Technical Physics, Vol. 16, 1047-1054, 1972.
23. Lebedev, N. N. and I. P. Skal’skaya, "Dual integral equations and the diffraction of electromagnetic waves by a conducting plane with a slit," Soviet Physics-Technical Physics, Vol. 16, 1047-1054, 1972.
24. Lebedev, N. N. and I. P. Skal'Skaya, "Dual integral equations and diffraction of electromagnetic waves by a thin conducting strip," Soviet Physics-Technical Physics, Vol. 17, 539-545, 1972.
25. Dome, G., E. Gianfelice, L. Palumbo, V. Vaccaro, and L. Verolino, "Longitudinal coupling impedance of a circular iris," Il Nuovo Cimento A (1965–1970), Vol. 104, No. 8, 1241-1255, 1991.
26. Dome, G., L. Verolino, L. Palumbo, and V. G. Vaccaro, "A method for computing the longitudinal coupling impedance of circular apertures in a periodic array of infinite planes," Tech. Rep., cm-P00061056, 1991.
27. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, 2nd Ed., Wiley, New York, 1999.
28. Chew, W. C., "Waves and Fields in Inhomogenous Media," IEEE Press, 1999.
29. Van Bladel, J., Singular Electromagnetic Fields and Sources, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1991.
30. Dudley, D. G., Mathematical Foundations for Electromagnetic Theory, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, 1994.
31. Poularikas, A. D., Handbook of Formulas and Tables for Signal Processing, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1998.
32. Gradshteyn, I. S. and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 7th Ed., Academic Press, Burlington, MA, 2014.