In this paper, a novel microstrip-fed compact antenna with dual band-notched characteristic is presented for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications. Assisted with symmetrical open-circuited stubs, a UWB impedance matching can be achieved. A novel modified capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonator is proposed to realize the dual notched bands. By symmetrically placing a couple of proposed resonators in the vicinity of the feed line, dual band-notched properties in 3.4-3.7 GHz for WiMAX and 5.15-5.825 GHz for WLAN are generated. The good performance of the dual notched bands, stable gain, and radiation patterns in the operating bands make the proposed antenna a good candidate for various UWB applications.
2. Zhang, S.-M., F.-S. Zhang, W.-Z. Li, T. Quan, and H.-Y. Wu, "A compact UWB monopole antenna with WiMAX and WLAN band rejections," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 31, 159-168, 2012.
3. Kang, X., H. Zhang, Z. Li, Q.-X. Guo, X. Zhang, J.-H. Wang, and Y. L. Yang, "A band-notched UWB printed elliptical-ring monopole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 35, 23-33, 2013.
4. Chu, Q. X. and Y. Y. Yang, "3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notch ultra-wide-band antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, 172-174, Jan. 2008.
5. Li, C.-M. and L.-H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
6. Nguyen, D. T., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Very compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna with quarter-wavelength slots," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 411-414, 2012.
7. Tilanthe, P., P. C. Sharma, and T. K. Bandopadhyay, "A monopole microstrip antenna with enhanced dual band rejection for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 38, 315-331, 2012.
8. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Li, and J. Xu, "Design and analysis of planar ultra-wideband antenna with dual band-notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 523-536, 2012.
9. Emadian, R., M. Mirmozafari, C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Bandwidth enhancement of dual band-notched circle-like slot antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, 356-357, Mar. 2012.
10. Zhou, H.-J., B.-H. Sun, Q.-Z. Liu, and J.-Y. Deng, "Implementation and investigation of U-shaped aperture UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, 1387-1388, Nov. 2008.
11. Gong, J.-G., Y.-C. Jiao, Q. Li, Y.-B. Yang, and S. Gai, "Dual band-notched UWB antenna with parasitic elliptical radiation patch," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), 420-423, Chengdu, China, May 8-11, 2010.
12. Li, W. T., Y. Q. Hei, W. Feng, and X. W. Shi, "Planar antenna for 3G/Bluetooth/WiMAX and UWB applications with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 61-64, 2012.
13. Elboushi, A., O. M. Ahmed, A. R. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "Study of elliptical slot UWB antennas with a 5.0–6.0GHz band-notch capability," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 16, 207-222, 2010.
14. Hong, C.-Y., C.-W. Ling, I-Y. Tarn, and S.-J. Chung, "Design of a planar ultrawideband antenna with a new band-notch structure," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 12, 3391-3397, Dec. 2007.
15. Lin, C.-C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and tri-band-notched ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 1, 102-109, Jan. 2012.
16. Tang, W. and J.-S. Hong, "Coupled stepped-impedance-resonator bandstop filter," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, 1283-1289, 2010.