In this paper, a double-side hybrid excitation flux-switching (DSHE-FS) motor employing a double stator structure with special multi-excitations is presented. The high space utilization improves the torque density and power density of DSHE-FS motor. The addition of non-rare-earth permanent magnet material reduces the consumption of rare-earth permanent magnet material. The double-side field windings enable the motor to have more flexible magnetic modulation properties. To investigate the principle of motor operation and flux regulation, the equivalent magnetic circuit method is employed. In order to achieve higher operation performances of the motor in different driving modes, the multi-objective optimization with coupled multi-physical field calculation is carried out. The multi physical comprehensive sensitivity function is defined which couples the electromagnetic performance optimization objective and mechanical performance objective. Then multi-objective genetic algorithm (MOGA) method was used to find a feasible solution set. Response surface (RS) method and parameter scan method are used to further determine the five important dimensions. The electromagnetic characteristics of optimized DSHE-FS motor are evaluated and compared in detail. Moreover, the mechanical analysis is conducted for the cupped rotor of DSHE-FS motor to validate the operation security. Theoretical analysis and simulation results verify the rationality of the DSHE-FS motor and the proposed optimization design method.
2. Lee Christopher, H. T., K. T. Chau, and C. Liu, "Electromagnetic design and analysis of magnetless double-rotor dual-mode machines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 142, 333-351, 2013.
3. Zhu, X., Z. Shu, L. Quan, Z. Xiang, and X. Pan, "Design and multi-condition comparison of two outer-rotor flux-switching permanent magnet motors for in-wheel traction applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 64, No. 8, 6137-6148, 2017.
4. Chen, Y., Y. Ding, X. Li, and X. Zhu, "Design and analysis of less-rare-earth double-stator modulated machine considering multi-operation conditions," IEEE Trans. Appli. Supercond., Vol. 28, No. 3, Art. No. 5201405, 2018.
5. Sun, X., et al., "Core losses analysis of a novel 16/10 segmented rotor switched reluctance BSG motor for HEVs using nonlinear lumped parameter equivalent circuit model," IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatro, Vol. 23, No. 2, 747-757, 2018.
6. Hwang, H., S. Bae, and C. Lee, "Analysis and design of a hybrid rare-earth-free permanent magnet reluctance machine by frozen permeability method," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 52, No. 7, 1-4, 2016.
7. Hua, W., et al., "An outer-rotor flux-switching permanent-magnet-machine with wedge-shaped magnets for in-wheel light traction," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electro., Vol. 64, No. 1, 3791-3799, Jan. 2017.
8. Hua, H., et al., "Partitioned stator machines with NdFeB and ferrite magnets," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 53, No. 3, 1870-1882, 2017.
9. Awah, C. C., et al., "Comparison of partitioned stator switched slux permanent magnet machines having single- or double-layer windings," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 52, No. 1, 1-10, 2016.
10. Zhu, X., Z. Xiang, L. Quan, W. Wu, and Y. Du, "Multi-Mode optimization design methodology for a flux-controllable stator permanent magnet memory motor considering driving cycles," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 65, No. 7, 5353-5366, Jul. 2018.
11. Li, X., et al., "Electromagnetic performance analysis of a new hybrid excited stator-partitioned flux switching permanent magnet machine," 2016 19th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 2016.
12. Sayed, E., Y. Yang, and B. Bilgina, "Comprehensive review of flux barriers in interior permanent magnet synchronous machines," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 149168-149181, 2019.
13. Du, Y., et al., "Optimal design and analysis of partitioned stator hybrid excitation doubly salient machine," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 57700-57707, 2018.
14. Chen, M., K. T. Chau, C. H. T. Lee, and C. Liu, "Design and analysis of a new axial-field magnetic variable gear using pole-changing permanent magnets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 153, 23-32, 2015.
15. Zhu, X., et al., "Systematic multi-level optimization design and dynamic control of less-rare-earth hybrid permanent magnet motor for all-climatic electric vehicles," Applied Energy, DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113549.
16. Solmaz, K., G. Ali, M. Amin, A. R. Nasrudin, H. W. Ping, and N. Ud Mohammad, "Design optimization and analysis of AFPM synchronous machine incorporation power density, thermal analysis, and back-EMF THD," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 327-367, 2013.
17. Sun, X., et al., "High-performance control for a bearingless permanent-magnet synchronous motor using neural network inverse scheme plus internal model controllers," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electro., Vol. 63, No. 6, 3479-3488, 2016.
18. Edhah, S. O., J. Y. AlSawalhi, and A. A. AlDurra, "Multi-Objective optimization design of fractional slot concentrated winding permanent magnet synchronous machines," IEEE Access, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2951023.
19. Du, G., et al., "Rotor stress analysis for high speed permanent magnet machines considering assembly gap and temperature gradient," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TEC.2019.2939220.
20. Zhu, X., M. Jiang, Z. Xiang, L. Quan, W. Hua, and M. Cheng, "Design and optimization of a flux-modulated permanent magnet motor based on an airgap-harmonic-orientated design methodology," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2019.2934063.
21. Zhu, X., W. Wu, L. Quan, Z. Xiang, and W. Gu, "Design and multi-mbjective stratified optimization of a less-rare-earth hybrid permanent magnets motor with high torque density and low cost," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 34, No. 3, 1178-1189, Dec. 2019.
22. Lei, G., C. Liu, J. Zhu, and Y. Guo, "Techniques for multilevel design optimization of permanent magnet motors," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 30, No. 4, 1574-1584, Dec. 2015.
23. Zhu, X., J. Huang, L. Quan, Z. Xiang, and B. Shi, "Comprehensive sensitivity analysis and multi-objective optimization research of permanent magnet flux-intensifying motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 66, No. 4, 2613-2627, Article No: 0602704, Apr. 2019.
24. Almandoz, G., et al., "Study of demagnetization risk in PM machines," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appli., 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2019.2904459.
25. Chen, L. L., et al., "Rotor strength analysis for high-speed segmented surface-mounted permanent magnet synchronous machines," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 12, No. 7, 979-990, Jul. 2018.