The paper presents a method of extracting noise source impedance of electrical equipment under working condition. Firstly, based on the theory of two-port network, the measurement method of noise impedance is analyzed theoretically, and the injection probe and receiving probe are calibrated by two known resistors. No special calibration fixture is needed to calibrate the injection probe and receiving probe. Secondly, the port structure of the noise impedance measurement method is analyzed, and the noise source impedance is calculated by using the theory of microwave transmission. Compared with the traditional method, this method does not require calibration fixture and simplifies the experimental process. Finally, passive devices and active systems are tested respectively, and the experimental results show that the method is effective and feasible.
2. Zheng, F., W. Wang, X. Zhao, M. Cui, Q. Zhang, and G. He, "Identifying electromagnetic noise-source impedance using hybrid of measurement calculation method," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 34, No. 10, 9609-9618, 2019.
3. Schneider, L. M., "Noise source equivalent circuit model for off-line converters and its use in input filter design," 1983 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 167-175, 1983.
4. Zhang, D., D. Y. Chen, M. J. Nave, and D. Sable, "Measurement of noise source impedance of off-line converters," IEEE Transactions on Power, Vol. 15, No. 5, 820-825, 2000.
5. See, K. Y. and J. Deng, "Measurement of noise source impedance of SMPS using a two probes approach," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 19, No. 3, 862-868, 2004.
6. Howey, D. A., P. D. Mitcheson, V. Yufit, G. J. Offer, and N. P. Brandon, "Online measurement of battery impedance using motor controller excitation," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 63, No. 6, 2557-2566, 2014.
7. Huang, W. and J. A. A. Qahouq, "An online battery impedance measurement method using DC-DC power converter control," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 11, 5987-5995, 2014.
8. Qahouq, J. A. A., "Online battery impedance spectrum measurement method," 2016 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 3611-3615, 2016.
9. Hu, B., V. Tarateeraseth, K. Y. See, and Y. Zhao, "Assessment of electromagnetic interference suppression performance of ferrite core power cord," IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 4, No. 4, 229-236, Jul. 2010.
10. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2009.
11. Li, K. R., K. Y. See, and X. M. Li, "Inductive coupled in-circuit impedance monitoring of electrical system using two-port ABCD network transactions on instrumentation and measurement,", Vol. 64, No. 9, 2489-2495, 2015.
12. Li, K. R. and K. Y. See, "Evaluation of conducted EMI measurement without LISN using two-port ABCD network approach for EMI filter design under real operating condition," 2015 Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), 632-635, 2015.
13. Tarateeraseth, V., B. Hu, K. Y. See, and F. G. Canavero, "Accurate extraction of noise source impedance of an SMPS under operating conditions," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 1, 111-117, 2010.
14. Tarateeraseth, V., "EMI filter design: Part II: Measurement of noise source impedances," IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 1, No. 1, 42-49, 2012.
15. Zhao, B., M. Zhao, Z. Feng, L. Shui, and M. Yao, "An improved dual-probe approach to measure noise source impedance," 2010 Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 214-217, 2010.