Buried iron pipeline is an important part of urban infrastructure. In order to accurately obtain the location information of buried iron pipeline, here, we establish a forward model of magnetic anomaly in buried iron pipeline based on magnetic dipole reconstruction (MDR) method that determine four inversion parameters and two inversion objective functions. The vertical magnetic field data with different proportion noises are taken as observation values respectively to invert the parameters of underground pipeline and its location (buried depth) by using the adaptive mutation particle swarm optimization (AM-PSO) inversion algorithm. The errors of inversion and observation of vertical magnetic field are compared by substituting the inversion parameters into forward formulas. The results show that the AM-PSO inversion algorithm can accurately invert the pipeline depth, and the inversion error of the pipeline depth is less than 5%, which is acceptable in practical engineering. The inversion of the vertical magnetic field can basically coincide with the observed vertical magnetic field of the original model. At the same time, it is verified that the AM-PSO inversion algorithm is insensitive to magnetic anomaly noise data. In this study, the effectiveness of AM-PSO inversion algorithm method for pipeline depth inversion is analyzed, and an effective optimization inversion method is provided for underground iron pipeline depth inversion.
2. Allred, B. J. and J. D. Redman, "Location of agricultural drainage pipes and assessment of agricultural drainage pipe conditions using ground penetrating radar," Journal of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, Vol. 15, No. 3, 119-134, 2010.
3. McGrath, P. H. and P. J. Hood, "An automatic least-squares multimodel method for magnetic interpretation," Geophysics, Vol. 38, No. 2, 349-358, 1973.
4. Salem, A. and D. Ravat, "A combined analytic signal and Euler method (AN-EUL) for automatic interpretation of magnetic data," Geophysics, Vol. 68, No. 6, 1952-1961, 2003.
5. Salem, A. and R. Smith, "Depth and structural index from normalized local wavenumber of 2D magnetic anomalies," Geophysical Prospecting, Vol. 53, No. 1, 83-89, 2005.
6. Abdelrahman, E. M. and K. S. Essa, "A new method for depth and shape determinations from magnetic data," Pure and Applied Geophysics, Vol. 172, No. 2, 439-460, 2015.
7. Tlas, M. and J. Asfahani, "The simplex algorithm for best-estimate of magnetic parameters related to simple geometric-shaped structures," Mathematical Geosciences, Vol. 47, No. 3, 301-316, 2015.
8. Gokturkler, G. and C. Balkaya, "Inversion of self-potential anomalies caused by simple-geometry bodies using global optimization algorithms," Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 5, 498-507, 2012.
9. Biswas, A., "Interpretation of gravity and magnetic anomaly over thin sheet-type structure using very fast simulated annealing global optimization technique," Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, Vol. 2, No. 1, 30, 2016.
10. Ekinci, Y. L., "MATLAB-based algorithm to estimate depths of isolated thin dike-like sources using higher-order horizontal derivatives of magnetic anomalies," Springer Plus, Vol. 5, No. 1, 1384, 2016.
11. Guo, Z. Y., D. J. Liu, Q. Pan, Y. Y. Zhang, Y. Li, and Z. Wang, "Vertical magnetic field and its analytic signal applicability in oil field underground pipeline detection," Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 3, 340-350, 2015.
12. Feng, S., D. Liu, X. Cheng, H. Fang, and C. Li, "A new segmentation strategy for processing magnetic anomaly detection data of shallow depth ferromagnetic pipeline," Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 139, 65-72, 2017.
13. Zhu, H., D. Liu, S. Feng, Q. Pan, and J. Yan, "Magnetic dipole reconstruction geometry modeling for underground ferromagnetic pipe magnetic abnormal detection," Computer Measurement and Control, Vol. 25, No. 3, 201, 2017.
14. Biswas, A., M. P. Parija, and S. Kumar, "Global nonlinear optimization for the interpretation of source parameters from total gradient of gravity and magnetic anomalies caused by thin dyke," Annals of Geophysics, Vol. 60, No. 2, 0218, 2017.
15. Guo, Z., D. Liu, Q. Pan, and Y. Y. Zhang, "Forward modeling of total magnetic anomaly over a pseudo-2D underground ferromagnetic pipeline," Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 113, 14-30, 2015.
16. Wang, F., Y. Song, L. Dong, C. Tao, and X. Lin, "Magnetic anomalies of submarine pipeline based on theoretical calculation and actual measurement," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 4, 1-10, 2019.
17. Finlay, C. C., et al., "International geomagnetic reference field: The eleventh generation," Geophysical Journal International, Vol. 183, No. 3, 1216-1230, 2010.
18. Liu, D. G., et al., "Adaptive cancellation of geomagnetic background noise for magnetic anomaly detection using coherence," Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 1, 015008, 2014.
19. Sen, M. K. and P. L. Stoffa, Global Optimization Methods in Geophysical Inversion, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
20. Singh, B., "Simultaneous computation of gravity and magnetic anomalies resulting from a 2-D object," Geophysics, Vol. 67, No. 3, 801-806, 2002.
21. Eberhart, R. and J. Kennedy, "Particle swarm optimization," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Vol. 4, 1942-1948, 1995.
22. Kennedy, J., "Particle swarm optimization," Encyclopedia of Machine Learning, 760-766, 2010.
23. Merchaoui, M., A. Sakly, and M. F. Mimouni, "Particle swarm optimisation with adaptive mutation strategy for photovoltaic solar cell/module parameter extraction," Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 175, 151-163, 2018.
24. Liang, H. and F. Kang, "Adaptive mutation particle swarm algorithm with dynamic nonlinear changed inertia weight," Optik, Vol. 127, No. 19, 8036-8042, 2016.
25. Wang, H., W. Wang, and Z. Wu, "Particle swarm optimization with adaptive mutation for multimodal optimization," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 221, 296-305, 2013.
26. Mohurd, Technical Specification for Urban Underground Pipeline Detection and Survey, China Building Industry Press, Beijing, 2017.
27. Aleardi, M., A. Tognarelli, and A. Mazzotti, "Characterisation of shallow marine sediments using high-resolution velocity analysis and genetic-algorithm-driven 1D elastic full-waveform inversion," Near Surface Geophysics, Vol. 14, No. 5, 449-460, 2016.