In order to research the temperature distribution of a hybrid excitation double stator bearingless switched reluctance motor (HEDSBSRM), the finite element method (FEM) is used to conduct thermal modeling and analysis. First, 2D FEM is used to calculate the losses of the motor, including the core losses and copper losses of the windings. Then, in the thermal analysis module of ANSYS Workbench software, losses are used for calculation and analysis as the thermal load. Furthermore, in order to enhance the accuracy of modeling, this paper also considers the equivalent thermal conductivity of each part of the motor, and the equivalent insulation of the windings and surface convection heat transfer coefficient are also considered. Finally, the simulation results of motor temperature field distribution are analyzed and studied in detail. The thermal characteristic is also of guiding significance to the optimal design of the motor.
2. Chen, L. and W. Hofmann, "Speed regulation technique of one bearingless 8/6 switched reluctance motor with simpler single winding structure," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 6, 2592-2600, Feb. 2012.
3. Wei, P., D. Lee, and J. Ahn, "Design and analysis of double stator type bearingless switched reluctance motor," Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 60, No. 4, 746-752, 2011.
4. Xue, B., H. Wang, and J. Bao, "Design of novel 12/14 bearingless permanent biased switched reluctance motor," International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, 2655-2660, IEEE, Oct. 2014.
5. Cao, X., J. Zhou, C. Liu, and Z. Deng, "Advanced control method for single-winding bearingless switched reluctance motor to reduce torque ripple and radial displacement," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 32, No. 4, 1533-1543, Dec. 2017.
6. Cao, X. and Z. Deng, "A full-period generating mode for bearingless switched reluctance generators," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 20, No. 3, 1072-1076, Mar. 2010.
7. Zhang, J., H. Wang, L. Chen, C. Tan, and Y. Wang, "Multi-objective optimal design of bearingless switched reluctance motor based on multi-objective genetic particle swarm optimizer," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 54, No. 1, 1-13, Oct. 2017.
8. Wang, H., J. Bao, B. Xue, and J. Liu, "Control of suspending force in novel permanent-magnet-biased bearingless switched reluctance motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 62, No. 7, 4298-4306, Jul. 2015.
9. Xiang, Q. W. and L. Feng, "Optimization and analysis of 24/16/8 hybrid excitation double stator bearingless switched reluctance motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 89, 191-205, 2019.
10. Liu, J., X. Zhang, H. Wang, and J. Bao, "Iron loss characteristic for the novel bearingless switched reluctance motor," 2013 International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 586-592, Oct. 2013.
11. Su, B., X. Sun, L. Chen, Z. Yang, and K. Li, "Thermal modeling and analysis of bearingless permanent magnet synchronous motors," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol. 56, No. 1, 115-130, 2017.
12. Kral, C., A. Haumer, and S. B. Lee, "A practical thermal model for the estimation of permanent magnet and stator winding temperatures," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 29, No. 1, 455-464, Jul. 2013.
13. Fang, L., G. Tan, S. Yin, and K. Hu, "Design and temperature field analysis of a novel structure line-start permanent magnetsynchronous motor," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol. 51, No. 3, 1-12, Feb. 2016.
14. Kefalas, D. T. and A. Kladas, "Thermal investigation of permanent-magnet synchronous motor for aerospace applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 8, 4404-4011, Aug. 2014.
15. Arbab, N., W. Wang, C. Lin, J. Hearron, and B. Fahimi, "Thermal modeling and analysis of a double-stator switched reluctance motor," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 30, No. 3, 1209-1217, Sept. 2015.
16. Pan, J., F. Meng, and N. Cheung, "Core loss analysis for the planar switched reluctance motor," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 50, No. 2, 813-816, Feb. 2014.
17. Sun, X., Z. Xue, X. Xu, and L. Chen, "Thermal analysis of a segmented rotor switched reluctance motor used as the belt-driven starter/generator for hybrid electric vehicles," Journal of Low Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 3, 277-284, Sept. 2016.
18. Chen, H., Y. Xu, and H. Iu, "Analysis of temperature distribution in power converter for switched reluctance motor drive," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 48, No. 2, 991-994, Feb. 2012.
19. Toda, H., K. Senda, S. Morimoto, and T. Hiratani, "Influence of various non-oriented electrical steels on motor efficiency and iron loss in switched reluctance motor," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 49, No. 7, 3850-3853, Jul. 2013.
20. Garcia-Amoros, J., P. Andrada, B. Blanque, and M. Marin-Genesca, "Influence of design parameters in the optimization of linear switched reluctance motor under thermal constraints," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 65, No. 2, 1875-1883, Feb. 2018.
21. Li, Y., Research on loss and thermal analysis of switched reluctance motor, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, 2006.