In order to solve the strong coupling problem of a traditional bearingless switched reluctance motor (BSRM), this paper proposes a new type of hybrid excitation double stator BSRM (HEDSBSRM). The new motor can realize self-decoupling between torque and suspension force. In addition, the two degrees of freedom suspension force can also be decoupled. First, the topology of themotoris proposed, and the generation mechanism of suspension force and torque are expounded.Second, the torque winding structure is optimized.Themulti-objective sensitivity optimization design method is used to screen out the key structural parameters that have the greatest influence on the average suspension force, average torque, and core loss. Then, the optimal structural parameters are obtained by the control variable method. Finally, based on the optimized motor, the finite element method(FEM) is used to analyze the electromagnetic characteristics including the suspension force, torque, and coupling of the motor. The simulation results verify the correctness of the proposed design method and analysis of motor performance.
2. Sun, X., Y. Chen, S. Wang, G. Lei, Z. Yang, and S. Han, "Core losses analysis of a novel 16/10 segmented rotor switched reluctance BSG motor for HEVs using nonlinear lumped parameter equivalent circuit model," IEEE/ASME Trans. Mech., Vol. 23, No. 2, 747-757, Feb. 2018.
3. Xue, X. D., K. W. E. Cheng, T. W. Ng, and N. C. Cheung, "Multi-objective optimization design of in-wheel switched reluctance motors in electric vehicles," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2980-2987, Sep. 2010.
4. Torkaman, H., E. Afjei, and M. S. Toulabi, "New double-layer-per-phase isolated switched reluctance motor: Concept, numerical analysis, and experimental confirmation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 2, 830-838, Feb. 2012.
5. Sun, X., L. Chen, H. Jiang, Z. Yang, J. Chen, and W. Zhang, "High-performance control for a bearingless permanent-magnet synchronous motor using neural network inverse scheme plus internal model controllers," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 63, No. 6, 3479-3488, Jun. 2016.
6. Asama, J., Y. Hamasaki, T. Oiwa, and A. Chiba, "Proposal and analysis of a novel single-drive bearingless motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 1, 129-138, Jan. 2013.
7. Sun, X., Z. Shi, L. Chen, and Z. Yang, "Internal model control for a bearingless permanent magnet synchronous motor based on inverse system method," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 31, No. 4, 1539-1548, Dec. 2016.
8. Matsuzaki, T., M. Takemoto, S. Ogasawara, S. Ota, K. Oi, and D. Matsuhashi, "Operational characteristics of an IPM-type bearingless motor with 2-pole motor windings and 4-pole suspension windings," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 53, No. 6, 5383-5392, Nov.–Dec. 2017.
9. Sun, X., L. Chen, and Z. Yang, "Overview of bearingless permanent-magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 12, 5528-5538, Dec. 2013.
10. Sun, X., L. Chen, Z. Yang, and H. Zhu, "Speed-sensorless vector control of a bearingless induction motor with artificial neural network inverse speed observer," IEEE/ASME Trans. Mech., Vol. 18, No. 4, 1357-1366, Aug. 2013.
11. Cao, X., J. Zhou, C. Liu, and Z. Deng, "Advanced control method for single-winding bearingless switched reluctance motor to reduce torque ripple and radial displacement," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 32, No. 4, 1533-1543, Dec. 2017.
12. Wang, H., J. Bao, B. Xue, and J. Liu, "Control of suspending force in novel permanent-magnet-biased bearingless switched reluctance motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 62, No. 7, 4298-4306, Jul. 2015.
13. Cao, X., Z. Deng, G. Yang, and X. Wang, "Independent control of average torque and radial force in bearingless switched-reluctance motors with hybrid excitations," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 5, 1376-1385, 2009.
14. Liu, J., H. Wang, J. Bao, G. Zhou, and F. Zhang, "A novel permanent magnet biased bearingless switched reluctance motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 12, 4342-4347, Sep. 2013.
15. Wang, H., J. Liu, J. Bao, and B. Xue, "A novel bearingless switched reluctance motor with a biased permanent magnet," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 12, 6947-6955, Dec. 2014.
16. Xue, B, H. Wang, and J. Bao, "Design of novel 12/14 bearingless permanent biased switched reluctance motor," IEEE International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, 2655-2660, Oct. 2014.
17. Wei, P., D. Lee, and J. Ahn, "Design and analysis of double stator type bearingless switched reluctance motor," Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 60, No. 4, 746-752, 2011.
18. Zhang, J., H. Wang, L. Chen, C. Tan, and Y. Wang, "Multi-objective optimal design of bearingless switched reluctance motor based on multi-objective genetic particle swarm optimizer," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 54, No. 1, 113, Oct. 2017.
19. Chen, L. and W. Hofmann, "Speed regulation technique of one bearingless 8/6 switched reluctance motor with simpler single winding structure," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 6, 2592-2600, Jun. 2012.
20. Cao, X. and Z. Deng, "A full-period generating mode for bearingless switched reluctance generators," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 20, No. 3, 1072-1076, Mar. 2010.
21. Liu, J., X. Zhang, H. Wang, and J. Bao, "Iron loss characteristic for the novel bearingless switched reluctance motor," IEEE, 586-592, Oct. 2013.