This work presents a novel structure of semi-circular floral shape slotted antenna for an ultra-wideband (UWB) including WCDMA, Bluetooth and Wi-Max applications. Initially, a semi-circular floral shape radiator is designed by inserting an elliptical slot in patch with partial rectangular ground plane. Further, three rectangle symmetrical stepped slots are inserted in ground below 50 ohm micro-strip (MS) feed line which is integrated with stepped quarter wave transformer to achieve an ultra-wide impedance bandwidth. The proposed antenna structure achieves UWB of 4-18 GHz which cover 127% (S11<-10 dB) fractional bandwidth (FBW). Furthermore, ground plane is modified by loading three asymmetrical capacitive folded strip resonators (CFSR), which provide an additional lower frequency communication bands 2100 MHz (2-2.2 GHz), 2400 MHz (2.34-2.47 GHz), and 2700 MHz (2.69-2.75 GHz) for applications of WCDMA, Bluetooth, and Wi-Max, respectively. An optimized dimension of the proposed antenna is 30×30 mm2 (1.1λ0 ×1.1λ0), which is designed and fabricated on an FR-4 substrate having thickness 1.6 mm and dielectric constant 4.3. The proposed design is computed by Electromagnetic (EM), ADS simulator, and simulation results are validated with measured results.
2. Chen, Z. N., T. S. P. See, and X. Qing, "Small printed ultra-wideband antenna with reduced ground plane effect," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 2, 383-388, 2007.
3. Verbiest, J. R. and G. A. E. Vandenbosch, "A novel small-size printed tapered monopole antenna for UWB WBAN," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 5, 377-379, 2006.
4. Radiom, S., H. Aliakbarian, G. A. E. Vandenbosch, and G. G. E. Gielen, "An effective technique for symmetric planar monopole antenna miniaturization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 10, 2989-2996, 2009.
5. Valderas, D., R. Alvarez, J. Melendez, I. Gurutzeaga, J. Legarda, and J. I. Sancho, "UWB staircaseprofile printed monopole design," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 255-259, 2008.
6. Gopikrishna, M., D. D. Krishna, C. K. Anandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "Design of a compact semi-elliptic monopole slot antenna for UWB systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1834-1837, 2009.
7. Abbosh, A. M. and M. E. Bialkowski, "Design of ultra-wideband planar monopole antennas of circular and elliptical shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 1, 17-23, 2008.
8. Dissanayake, T. and K. P. Esselle, "UWB performance of compact L-shaped wide slot antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 4, 1183-1187, 2008.
9. Sagar, N. T., M. L. Meena, and P. Shukla, "Design and performance analysis of UWB circular ring antenna with defected ground structure," ICTACT Int. J. on Communication Technology, Vol. 8, No. 4, 1656-1663, 2017.
10. Chu, Q. X. and L.-H. Ye, "Design of compact dual-wideband antenna with assembled monopoles," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 12, 4063-4066, 2009.
11. Yildirim, B. S., B. A. Cetiner, G. Roquetra, and L. Jofre, "Integrated Bluetooth and UWB antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 149-152, 2009.
12. Gupta, R. K., "Printed tri-band monopole antenna structures for wireless applications," Microwe. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 7, 1781-1785, 2009.
13. Antoniades, M. A. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "A compact multiband monopole antenna with a defected ground plane," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 652-655, 2008.
14. Samadi Taheri, M. M., H. R. Hassani, and M. A. Nezhad, "UWB printed slot antenna with Bluetooth and dual notch bands," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 255-258, 2011.
15. Mishra, S. K., R. K. Gupta, A. Vaidya, and J. Mukherjee, "A compact dual-band fork-shaped monopole antenna for Bluetooth and UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 627-630, 2011.
16. Bod, M., H. R. Hassani, and M. M. S. Taheri, "Compact UWB printed slot antenna with extra bluetooth, GSM, and GPS bands," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 531-534, 2012.
17. Foudazi, A., H. R. Hassani, and S. M. A. Nezhad, "Small UWB planar monopole antenna with added GPS/GSM/WLAN bands," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 6, 2987-2992, 2012.
18. Rahanandeh, M., A. S. N. Amin, M. Hosseinzadeh, P. Rezai, and M. S. Rostami, "A compact elliptical slot antenna for covering Bluetooth/WiMAX/WLAN/ITU," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 857-860, 2012.
19. Li, G., H. Zhai, T. Li, X. Y. Ma, and C.-H. Liang, "Design of a compact UWB antenna integrated with GSM/WCDMA/WLAN bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 409-419, 2013.
20. Aravind, S., S. Joseph, S. Mridula, B. Paul, and P. Mohanan, "Compact dual band antenna for UMTS/UWB," Procedia Computer Science (Elsevier), Vol. 46, 1349-1356, 2014.
21. Mahamine, S. D. and R. P. Labade, "A design of integrated GSM and Bluetooth ultra-wide band printed monopole antenna (UWB) for wireless applications," IEEE Bombay Section Symposium (IBSS), 1-6, 2015.
22. Mahamine, S. D., R. S. Parbat, S. H. Bodake, and M. P. Aher, "Design of Bluetooth integrated UWB printed monopole antenna for wireless application," EEE Int. Conf. on Automatic Control and Dynamic Optimization Techniques, 1146-1151, 2016.
23. Naidu, P. V., "Design, simulation of a compact triangular shaped dual-band microstrip antenna for WLAN and UWB applications," Springer — Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 95, No. 2, 783-794, 2017.
24. Pahad Singh, S. and S. Sahu, "Planar UWB integrated with multi narrowband cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna for cognitive radio application," AEU — International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 74, 150-157, 2017.
25. El-Khamy, S. E., A. Zaki, S. Hamdy, and A. El-Khouly, "A new fractal like tree structure of circular patch antennas for UWB and 5G multi-band applications," Microwa. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 59, No. 9, 2168-2174, 2017.