A broadband dual-polarized dipole antenna with overlapped dipole arms is proposed in this paper. To obtain a compact radiator size, the arm-overlapped dipole antenna is constituted by splitting and overlapping the edges of a cross loop dipole. Then four open pins are soldered to the dipole to excite a third resonance at high frequency band. Measured results show that the proposed antenna with a small radiator size of 49×49 mm2 has an impedance bandwidth of 49.5% (1.7-2.82 GHz) for VSWR<1.5, port isolation >28 dB and half-power beamwidth (HPBW) of 65º±5º. A 4-element antenna array with 8º±2º electrical down tilt is shown to further validate the performance of the antenna.
2. Lian, R. N., Z. D.Wang, Y. Z. Yin, J. J.Wu, and X. Y. Song, "Design of a low-profile dual-polarized stepped slot antenna array for base station," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 362-365, 2016.
3. Wu, R. and Q. X. Chu, "A broadband dual-polarized antenna with chamfers," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 3, 631-635, 2016.
4. Chu, Q. X., D. L. Wen, and Y. Luo, "A broadband ±45˚ dual-polarized antenna with Y-shaped feeding lines," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 2, 483-490, 2015.
5. Huang, H., Y. Liu, and S. X. Gong, "A broadband dual-polarized base station antenna with sturdy construction," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 665-668, 2017.
6. Cui, Y. H., R. L. Li, and H. Z. Fu, "A broadband dual-polarized planar antenna for 2G/3G/LTE base station," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 9, 4836-4840, 2014.
7. Bao, Z. D., Z. P. Nie, and X. Z. Zong, "A novel broadband dual-polarization antenna utilizing strong mutual coupling," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 1, 450-454, 2014.
8. Zhang, Q. Y. and Y. Gao, "A compact broadband dual-polarized antenna array for base station," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 17, No. 6, 1073-1076, 2018.
9. Alieldin, A., Y. Huang, S. J. Boyes, and M. Stanley, "A reconfigurable broadband dual-mode dual-polarized antenna for sectorial/omnidirectional mobile base stations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 163, No. 3, 1-13, 2018.
10. Sun, H. H., C. Ding, B. Jones, and Y. Jay Guo, "A wideband base station antenna element with stable radiation pattern and reduced beam squint," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, 23022-23031, 2017.
11. Wen, D. L., D. Z. Zheng, and Q. X. Chu, "A dual-polarized planar antenna using four folded dipoles and its array for base stations," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 12, 5536-5542, 2016.
12. Cui, Y. H., X. N. Gao, H. Z. Fu, Q. X. Chu, and R. L. Li, "Broadband dual-polarized dual-dipole planar antennas: Analysis, design, and application for base station," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 59, No. 6, 77-87, 2017.
13. Wen, L. H., S. Gao, C. X. Mao, Q. Luo, W. Hu, Y. Z. Yin, and X. X. Yang, "A wideband dual-polarized antenna using shorted dipoles," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 39725-39733, 2018.
14. Ding, C., H. H. Sun, R. W. Ziolkowski, and Y. Jay Guo, "Simplified tightly-coupled cross-dipole arrangement for base station applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, 27491-27503, 2017.