A CPW-fed ultra-wideband (UWB) monopole antenna design which exhibits triple band stop functions is demonstrated. The proposed antenna comprises a Split Ring Resonator (SRR) and inverted U slots on a metallic patch to exhibit triple band-notch functions for WiMAX (3.3-3.6 GHz), C-band (3.8-4.2 GHz) and WLAN (5.1-5.8 GHz) bands. The slot width optimization is examined to tune the band-notch resonance frequency, and their effects are exhibited by surface current distributions. The antenna has compact size of 26*30 mm2, and it functions over 3 to 11 GHz with VSWR < 2 except notched bands. The SRR loaded dual band-notched antenna and amended inverted U slot integrated antenna both are fabricated and their VSWR, radiation characteristics measured. The antenna demonstrates excellent agreement between measured and calculated results.
2. Ray, K. P., "Design aspects of printed monopole antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Int. J. Antennas Propag., 1-8, 2008, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2008/71385.
3. First Report and Order, "Revision of Part 15 of the Commission’s rule regarding ultra-wideband transmission system,", Federal Communications Commission, FCC 02-48, 2002.
4. Chen, Z. N., "UWB antennas: From hype, promise to reality," IEEE Antennas Propag. Conf., 19-22, 2007.
5. Shambavi, K. and C. A. Zachariah, "Printed dipole antenna with band rejection characteristics for UWB application," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 1029-1032, 2010.
6. Seo, Y. S., J. W. Jung, H. J. Lee, and Y. S. Lim, "Design of trapezoidal monopole antenna with band notched performance for UWB," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 12, 673-674, 2012.
7. Kelly, J. R., P. S. Hall, and G. Peter, "Band-notched UWB antenna incorporating a microstrip open-loop resonator," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 8, 3045-3048, 2011.
8. Yadav, A., et al., "Slot loaded UWB antenna: Dual band notched characteristics," Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ), Vol. 70, 331-335, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2015.12.014.
9. Pandey, G. K., H. S. Singh, P. K. Bharti, and M. K. Meshram, "Design and analysis of Ψ-shaped antenna with dual band notched characteristics," Wireless Pers. Commun., Vol. 89, No. 1, 79-92, 2016.
10. Lin, Y., J. Liang, G. Wu, Z. Xu, and X. Niu, "A novel UWB antenna with dual band notched characteristics," Frequenz, Vol. 69, No. 11-12, 479-483, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/freq-2015-0002.
11. Sarkar, D., K. V. Srivastava, and K. Saurav, "A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014.
12. Srivastava, G., S. Dwari, and B. K. Kanaujia, "A compact triple band notch circular ring antenna for UWB application," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 3, 668-672, 2015.
13. Kim, D. O. and C. Y. Kim, "CPW-fed ultra-wideband antenna with triple-band notch function," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 18, 1246-1248, 2010.
14. Wang, Z., J. Liu, and Y. Yin, "Triple band-notched UWB antenna using novel asymmetrical resonators," Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ), Vol. 70, No. 12, 1630-1636, 2016.
15. Yadav, A., et al., "SRR and S-shape slot loaded triple band notched UWB antenna," Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ), Vol. 79, 192-198, 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2017.06.003.
16. Chu, Q.-X. and Y.-Y. Yang, "A compact ultra-wide band antenna with 3.4/5.5 GHz dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 12, December 2008.
17. Jyotshna, J. and Sharm, "SRR loaded dual band notched ultra wideband microstrip antenna," International Journal of Recent Research and Review, Vol. VII, September 2015.