The echo signal of wide-band monopulse radar spreads in multiple range cells. Thus, effective utilization of echo signal is an important issue for this kind of radar. Based on parameter estimation model, maximum likelihood method is proposed in this paper, which collects all the energy spreading in multiple range cells. Cramer-Rao low bound of angle estimation is deduced in theory. Simulation results demonstrate maximum likelihood method which performs better than both dominant scatter estimate method and weighted estimate method.
2. Hofstetter, E. M. and D. Delong, "Detection and parameter estimation in an amplitude-comparison monopulse radar," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 15, No. 1, 22-30, 1969.
3. Nickel, U., "Overview of generalized monopulse estimation," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 6, 27-56, 2006.
4. Blair, W. D. and M. Brandt-Pearce, "Statistical description of monopulse parameters for tracking rayleigh targets," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 34, No. 2, 597-611, 1997.
5. Blair, W. D. and M. Brandt-Pearce, "Monopulse doa estimation of two unresolved rayleigh targets," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 37, No. 2, 452-469, 2002.
6. Berkowitz, R. and S. Sherman, "Information derivable from monopulse radar measurements of two unresolved targets," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 7, No. 5, 1011-1019, 2007.
7. Sinha, A., T. Kirubarajan, and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Maximum likelihood angle extractor for two closely spaced targets," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 38, No. 1, 183-203, 2002.
8. Wang, Z., A. Sinha, P. Willett, and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Angle estimation for two unresolved targets with monopulse radar," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 40, No. 3, 998-1019, 2004.
9. Howard, D. D., "High range-resolution monopulse tracking radar," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 11, No. 5, 749-755, 1975.
10. Zhang, Y. X., Q. F. Liu, R. J. Hong, P. P. Pan, and Z. M. Deng, "A novel monopulse angle estimation method for wideband lfm radars," Sensors, Vol. 16, No. 6, 817-825, 2016.
11. Chen, X. L., "An angle measurement method for high resolution radar based on maximum likelihood estimation," Signal Processing, Vol. 16, No. 6, 817-625, 2012 (in Chinese).
12. Blyakhman, A., D. Clunie, R. Harris, and G. Mesyats, "Nanosecond gigawatt radar: Indication of small targets moving among heavy clutters," Radar Conference, 61-64, 2007.
13. Asvestas, J. S., "The physical-optics integral and computer graphics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 43, No. 12, 1459-1460, 1995.
14. Uiku, H. K. and A. A. Ergin, "Radon transform interpretation of the physical optics integral and application to near and far field acoustic scattering problems," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2010.
15. Kay, Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing: Estimation Theory, PTR Prentice Hall, 1993.