Design and analysis of a novel wide-band covering, hetero triangle linked hybrid web fractal antenna is presented in this paper. The hetero triangle linked hybrid web structure has been designed through multiple iterations in the CST MICROWAVE STUDIO electromagnetic simulation tool and has been fabricated on FR4 dielectric of εr = 4.4 with height of 1.6 mm. The proposed antenna offers a comprehensive bandwidth of 18.055 GHz, covering from 1.945 GHz to 20 GHz. It supports various applications starting from 3G, LTE, ISM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, WLAN (2.4-2.48 GHz) and 5.2/5.8 GHz (5.15-5.35 GHz/5.72-5.82 GHz), WiMAX operating in the 2.3/2.5 GHz (2.305-2.36 GHz/2.5-2.69 GHz), 5.5 GHz (5.25-5.85 GHz) and Satellite communication (Ku band: Uplink of 14 GHz and Downlink of 10.9-12.75 GHz). The proposed antenna provides peak realized gain of 7.17 dB with efficiency more than 78% in the operating band. The antenna parameters such as reflection coefficient, gain and radiation patterns are determined through numerical simulation, and good matching is obtained with measured results.
2. Anagnostou, D., "A CPW koch dipole slot antenna," Wireless Communication Technology, Oct. 15-17, 2003.
3. Best, S. R., "A comparison of the resonant properties of small space filling fractal antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 2, 197-200, 2003.
4. Venkata Kiran, D., "Compact embedded dual-element rectangular dielectric resonator antenna combining Sierpinski and Minkowski fractals," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, 786-791, 2017.
5. Mukherjee, B., "Hemispherical dielectric resonator antenna based on apollonian gasket of circles --- A fractal approach," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 1, 40-47, 2014.
6. Gupta, M. and V. Mathur, "Koch fractal-based hexagonal patch antenna for circular polarization," Turk. J. Elec. Eng. & Comp. Sci., Vol. 25, 4474-4485, 2017.
7. Trivedi, K. and D. Pujara, "Design and development of a wideband fractal tetrahedron dielectric resonator antenna with triangular slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 60, 47-55, 2017.
8. Mukti, P. H., S. H. Wibowo, and E. Setijadi, "A compact wideband fractal-based planar antenna with meandered transmission line for L-band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 61, 139-147, 2016.
9. Srivastava, D. K., A. Khanna, and J. P. Saini, "Design of a wideband gap-coupled modified square fractal antenna," Journal of Computational Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 1, 239-247, 2016.
10. Elsheakh, D. M. and E. A. Abdallah, "Design ultra-wide bandwidth monopole antenna for DVB-T and wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 45, 137-150, 2013.
11. Sankaranarayanan, D., D. Venkatakiran, and B. Mukherjee, "A novel compact fractal ring based cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna for ultra wideband application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 67, 71-83, 2016.
12. Susila, M., T. Rama Rao, and A. Gupta, "A novel smiley fractal antenna (SFA) design and development for UWB wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 54, 171-178, 2014.
13. Kaka, A. O. and M. Toycan, "Modified hexagonal Sierpinski gasket-based antenna design with multiband and miniaturized characteristics for UWB wireless communication," Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Vol. 24, No. 2, 464-473, 2016.
14. Lin, C.-C. and H.-R. Chuang, "A 3-12 GHz UWB planar triangular monopole antenna with ridged ground-plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 307-321, 2008.
15. Tizyi, H., F. Riouch, A. Tribak, A. Najid, and A. Mediavilla, "CPW and microstrip line-fed compact fractal antenna for UWB-RFID applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 65, 201-209, 2016.
16. Kumar, R. and S. Gaikwad, "On the design of nano-arm fractal antenna for UWB wireless applications," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 12, No. 1, fp158-fp172, 2013.
17. Madhav, B. T. P., et al., "An asymmetric liquid crystal polymer based fractal slotted UWB monopole antenna with notch band characteristics," Rasayan Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 10, No. 3, 852-860, 2017.
18. Wang, F., F. Bin, Q. Sun, J. Fan, and H. Ye, "A compact UHF antenna based on complementary fractal technique," IEEE Access, 5,8049453, 21118-21125, 2017.
19. Hu, Z., Y. Hu, Y. Luo, and W. Xin, "A novel rectangle tree fractal UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 68, 21-30, 2016.
20. Lincy, B. H., A. Srinivasan, and B. Rajalakshmi, "Wideband fractal microstrip antenna for wireless application," IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, ICT 2013, 6558191, 735-738, 2013.