Statistical characteristics of scattered ordinary and extraordinary electromagnetic waves in the magnetized plasma are considered using the smooth perturbation method. Diffraction effects and polarization coefficients are taken into account. Second order statistical moments of scattered radiation are obtained for arbitrary correlation function of electron density fluctuations. The expressions of the broadening of the spatial power spectrum and displacement of its maximum are obtained. Wave structure functions and the angle of arrivals are calculated. Scintillation level of scattered radiation is analyzed for different parameters characterizing anisotropic plasma irregularities for the ionospheric F-region. Numerical calculations of the statistical characteristics are carried out for the three-dimensional spectral function containing anisotropic Gaussian and power-law spectral functions using the experimental data.
2. Rytov, S. M., Yu. A. Kravtsov, and V. I. Tatarskii, Principles of Statistical Radiophysics. Vol. 4, Waves Propagation through Random Media, Springer, Berlin, New York, 1989.
3. Wernik, A. W., J. A. Secan, and E. J. Fremouw, "Ionospheric irregularities and scintillation," Advances Space Research, Vol. 31, No. 4, 971-981, 2003.
4. Z.-W., Xu, J. Wu, and Z.-S. Wu, "A survey of ionospheric effects on space-based radar," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 14, 189-273, 2004.
5. Aarons, J., "Global morphology of ionospheric scintillation," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 70, 360-378, 1982.
6. Yeh, K. C. and C. H. Liu, "Radio wave scintillations in the ionosphere," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 70, 324-360, 1982.
7. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, V. G. Jandieri, A. G. Khantadze, and Zh. M. Diasamidze, "Model computations of angular power spectra for anisotropic absorptive turbulent magnetized plasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 307328, 2007.
8. Jandieri, G. V., Zh. M. Diasamidze, and M. R. Diasamidze, "Scintillation spectra of scattered electromagnetic waves in turbulent magnetized plasma," Journal of Basic and Applied Physics, Vol. 2, 224-234, 2013.
9. Jandieri, G. V., Zh. M. Diasamidze, and M. R. Diasamidze, "Scintillation effects and the spatial power spectrum of scattered radio waves in the ionospheric F region," Journal of Advances in Physics, Vol. 13, 4593-4604, 2017.
10. Jandieri, G. V., Zh. M. Diasamidze, M. R. Diasamidze, and I. G. Takidze, "Second order statistical moments of the power spectrum of ionospheric scintillation," Earth Science, Vol. 6, 142-148, 2017.
11. Jandieri, G., A. Ishimaru, B. Rawat, O. Kharshiladze, and Zh. Diasamidze, "Power spectra of ionospheric scintillation," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 6, 42-51, 2017.
12. Ginzburg, V. L., Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasma, Gordon and Beach, New York, 1961.
13. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, N. F. Mchedlishvili, and I. G. Takidze, "Spatial power spectrum of multiple scattered ordinary and extraordinary waves in magnetized plasma with electron density fluctuations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 25, 87-100, 2012.
14. Jandieri, G. V. and A. Ishimaru, "Some peculiarities of the spatial power spectrum of scattered electromagnetic waves in randomly inhomogeneous magnetized plasma with electron density and external magnetic field fluctuations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 50, 77-95, 2013.
15. Jandieri, G. V., "``Double-humped effect'' in the turbulent collision magnetized plasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 48, 95-102, 2016.
16. Gershman, B. N., L. M. Eruxhimov, and Yu. Ya. Yashin, Wavy Phenomena in the Ionosphere and Cosmic Plasma, Moscow, Nauka, 1984 (in Russian).
17. Gavrilenko, V. G., A. A. Semerikov, and G. V. Jandieri, "On the effect of absorption on multiple wave-scattering in magnetized turbulent plasma," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 9, 427-440, 1999.
18. Gavrilenko, V. G., A. V. Sorokin, G. V. Jandieri, and V. G. Jandieri, "Some properties of the angular power distribution of electromagnetic waves multiply scattered in a collisional magnetized plasma," Plasma Physics Report, Vol. 31, 604-615, 2005.
19. Bowhill, S. A., "Statistics of a Dario wave diffracted by a random ionosphere," J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stand. Sect. D, Vol. 65D, No. 3, 275-292, 1961.
20. Rufenach, C. L., "Power-law wavenumber spectrum deduced from ionospheric scintillation observations," Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 77, 4761-4772, 1972.
21. Raizada, S. and H. S. S. Sinha, "Some new features of electron density irregularities over SHAR during strong spread F," Ann. Geophysicae, Vol. 18, 141-151, 2000.
22. Chen, A. A. and G. S. Kent, "Determination of the orientation of ionospheric irregularities causing scintillation of signals from earth satellites," Journal of Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics, Vol. 34, 1411-1414, 1972.
23. Kvavadze, N. D., Z. L. Liadze, N. V. Mosashvili, and Z. S. Sharadze, "The phenomenon of F-scattering and drift of small-scale irregularities at night low latitudes F-region of an ionosphere," Geomagnetizm and Aeronomy, Vol. 28, 139-141, 1988.
24. Shkarofsky, I. P., "Generalized turbulence space-correlation and wave-number spectrum-function pairs," Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 46, 2133-2153, 1968.
25. Kung, C. Y. and C.-H. Liu, "Radio wave scintillations in the ionosphere," IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 70, 324-360, 1982.
26. Bakhmet’eva, N. V., V. N. Bubukina, Yu. A. Ignat’ev, G. S. Bochkarev, V. A. Eremenko, V. V. Kol’sov, I. V. Krasheninnikov, and Yu. N. Cherkashin, "Investigation by backscatter radar irregularities produced in ionospheric plasma heating experiments," Journal of Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics, Vol. 59, 2257-2263, 1997.