A novel design of Meandered Coplanar waveguide (CPW) fed CSRR loaded multiband antenna is presented in this paper. A compact triple band antenna is designed by etching CSRR slots on the radiating element. The proposed antenna shows good performance at all resonant frequencies. The simulation results are discussed and compared with the measured ones. The effects of CSRR loading on the radiating element are explained. Parametric studies are carried out and explained in detail. The proposed antenna is fabricated and measured, and the results are compared with the simulated ones. CSRR permittivity characteristics are explained to validate the results. The proposed antenna can be used for C-band, Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and International Telecommunications Union (ITU) applications.
2. Arora, C., S. S. Pattnaik, and R. N. Baral, "SRR inspired microstrip patch antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetic Research C, Vol. 58, 89-96, 2015.
3. Li, B., B. Wu, and C.-H. Liang, "Study on high gain circular waveguide array antenna with metamaterial structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 207-219, 2006.
4. Datta, R., T. Shaw, and D. Mitra, "Miniaturization of microstrip Yagi array antenna using metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 72, 151-158, 2017.
5. Pandeeswari, R., S. Raghavan, and K. Ramesh, "A compact split ring resonator loaded antenna," PIERS Proceedings, 37-40, Moscow, Russia, Aug. 19–23, 2012.
6. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of e and μ," Soviet Physics Uspekhi, Vol. 10, No. 4, 509-514, 1968.
7. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, 2005.
8. Baena, J. D., J. Bonache, F. Martin, R. M. Sillero, F. Falcone, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, J. Garcfa-Farcfa, I. Gil, M. F. Portillo, and M. Sorolla, "Equivalent-circuit models for split-ring resonators and complementary split-ring resonators coupled to planar transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, 1451-1461, 2005.
9. Mookiah, P. and K. R. Dandekar, "Metamaterial-substrate antenna array for MIMO communication system," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, 3283-3292, 2009.
10. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "Broadband monopole antenna with split ring resonator loaded substrate for good impedance matching," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 10, 2388-2392, 2014.
11. Attia, H., L. Yousefi, M. M. Bait-Suwailam, M. S. Boybay, and O. M. Ramahi, "Enhanced gain microstrip antenna using engineered magnetic superstrates," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 1198-1201, 2011.
12. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "Microstrip antenna with complementary split ring resonator loaded ground plane for gain enhancement," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 2, 292-296, 2015.
13. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "Meandered CPW-fed hexagonal split ring resonator monopole antenna for 5.8 GHz RFID applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, 681-684, Wiley Interscience, USA, 2015.
14. Pandeeswari, R. and S. Raghavan, "A CPW-fed triple band OCSRR embedded monopole antenna with modified ground for WLAN and WIMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, 2413-2418, Wiley Interscience, USA, 2015.
15. Martınez, F. J. H., G. Zamora, F. Paredes, F. Martın, and J. Bonache, "Multiband printed monopole antennas loaded with OCSRRs for PANs and WLANs," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1528-1531, 2011.
16. Boopathi, R. and S. K. Pandey, "CSRR inspired conductor backed CPW-fed monopole antenna for multiband operation," Progress In Electromagnetic Research C, Vol. 70, 135-143, 2016.
17. Ziolkoski, R. W., "Design, fabrication, and testing of double negative metamaterials," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 7, 1516-1529, Jul. 2003.
18. Liu, N.-W., L. Yang, Z.-Y. Zhang, G. Fu, and Q.-Q. Liu, "A novel face-like triple-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 45, 105-110, 2014.
19. Pei, J., A.-G. Wang, S. Gao, and W. Leng, "Miniaturized triple-band antenna with a defected ground plane for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 298-301, 2011.