А rigorous approach to study the fast H-waves which propagate across an infinite double comb array (IDCA) is proposed. It is based on the Floquet theorem combined with the advanced moment method (Galerkin) scheme in which the basis explicitly satisfies the edge conditions at the rectangular wedge. An exhaustive analysis of the regular and singular modes of the IDCA is made. Normalized critical wave numbers and modal fields are investigated in terms of geometrical parameters. Coupling effects between different IDCA modes are found. For the singular modes a new analytical formula for the critical normalized wave numbers is obtained.
2. Ives, V. R. L., "Microfabrication of high-frequency vacuum elctron devices," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 32, No. 3, 1277-1291, 2004.
3. Hou, Y., J. Xu, H.-R. Yin, Y.-Y. Wei, L.-N. Yue, G. Zhao, and Y.-B. Gong, "Equivalent circuit analysis of ridge-loaded folded-waveguide slow-wave structures for millimeter-wave travelling-wave tubes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 215-229, 2012.
4. Hou, Y., J. Xu, S. Wang, Z.-G. Lu, Y.-Y. Wei, and Y.-B. Gong, "Study of high efficiency novel folded waveguide traveling-wave tube with sheet electron beam," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 141, 431-441, 2013.
5. Liu, Y., J. Xu, Y.-Y. Wei, X. Xu, F. Shen, M. Huang, T. Tang, W.-X. Wang, Y.-B. Gong, and J. Feng, "Design of a V-band high-power sheet-beam coupled-cavity traveling-wave tube," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 31-45, 2012.
6. Kesari, V. and J. P. Keshari, "Analysis of a circular waveguide loaded with dielectric and metal discs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 253-269, 2011.
7. Liu, S., et al., "The study of diffraction radiation oscillation," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 8, No. 8, 885-900, 1987.
8. Korneenkov, V. K., V. S. Miroshnichenko, and A. A. Shmat’ko, "Output characteristics of a diffraction radiation generator in the autonomous and nonautonomous modes," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 34, No. 3, 251-257, 1991.
9. Belous, O. I., et al., "Research on orotron oscillator with dispersive open resonant system," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 18, No. 2, 445-461, 1997.
10. Kovalyov, I. O. and V. S. Miroshnichenko, "Frequency tuning range of diffraction radiation oscillator with periodical double comb," Telecommunication and Radio Engineering, Vol. 75, No. 14, 1299-1312, 2016.
11. Zargano, G. F., et al., Complex Section Waveguides, Radio I Svyaz, Moscow, 1986.
12. Svezhentsev, A. Ye., "Full-wave, edge-accounting calculation of losses in rectangular-groove waveguides," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 10, No. 1, 52-56, 1995.
13. Svezhentsev, A. Ye., "Full wave edge accounting analysis of waves in infinite array of stub-loaded rectangular waveguides," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 29, No. 8, 724-740, 2008.
14. Rozhnev, A. G., N. M. Ryskin, T. A. Karetnikova, G. V. Torgashev, N. I. Sinitsyn, P. D. Shalayev, and A. A. Burtsev, "Studying characteristics of the slow-wave system of the traveling-wave tube with a sheet electron beam," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 1, 8-9, 2014.
15. Svezhentsev, A. Ye., "Waves in an infinite array of groove waveguides," International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory, CD-ROM, Kharkov, Ukraine, 2016.
16. Abramowitz, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York, 1971.
17. Melezhik, P. N., A. Y. Poyedinchuk, Y. A. Tuchkin, and V. P. Shestopalov, "Analytical nature of the vibrational mode-coupling phenomenon," Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Vol. 300, No. 6, 1356-1359, 1988.
18. Svezhentsev, A., "Special points of dispersion equations of metal-dielectric cylindrical waveguides," Dokl. Akad. Nauk URSR, No. 4, 82-87, 1994.
19. Yakovlev, A. B. and G. W. Hanson, "Analysis of mode coupling on guided wave structures using Morse critical points," IEEE Trans. Micr. Theory and Tech., Vol. 46, 966-974, Jul. 1998.