An ultra-wideband frequency selective surface (FSS) for wide incident angles is proposed. Its -3dB bandwidth is from 3.49GHz to 12.13GHz, and the fractional bandwidth exceeds 110%. Some parasitic patches are appended to reduce the deviation of resonant frequency under wide-angle incidence. The proposed FSS exhibits an improved stability when the incident angles are in the range from 0° to 60°. The relative simulated and measured results are provided to validate its effectiveness.
2. Baskey, H. B. and M. J. Akhtar, "Design of flexible hybrid nanocomposite structure based on frequency selective surface for wideband radar cross section reduction," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory, Vol. 65, No. 6, 2019-2029, 2017.
3. Zhang, J. C., Y. Z. Yin, and J. P. Ma, "Design of narrow band-pass frequency selective surfaces for millimeter wave applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 96, No. 4, 287-298, 2009.
4. Sharifian, M. and M. Mollaei, "Narrow-band configurable polarization rotator using frequency selective surface based on circular substrate integrated waveguide cavity," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1923-1926, 2017.
5. Lorenzo, J., A. Lazaro, D. Girbau, R. Villarino, and E. Gil, "Analysis of on-body transponders based on frequency selective surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 157, 133-143, 2016.
6. Tiemann, J., F. Schweikowski, and C. Wietfeld, "Design of an UWB indoor-positioning system for UAV navigation in GNSS-denied environments," IEEE International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, 2015.
7. Izabela, G., L. Vinay, G. Leonid, A. Donald, and B. Frank, "Analyses and simulations for aeronautical mobile airport communications system," Integrated Communications Navigation and Surveillance, 2016.
8. Syed, I. S., Y. Ranga, and L. Matekovits, "A single-layer frequency selective surface for ultrawideband electromagnetic shielding," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 56, No. 6, 1404-1411, 2014.
9. Wang, J., G. Guo, and H. Zheng, "Characteristic analysis of nose radome by aperture-integration and surface-integration method," IEEE International Workshop on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Circuits and System Technology, 2012.
10. Zhou, H., S. B. Qu, and J. F. Wang, "Ultra-wideband frequency selective surface," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 1, 11-13, 2012.
11. Kesavan, A., R. Karimian, and T. A. Denidni, "A novel wideband frequency selective surface for millimeter-wave applications," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1711-1714, 2016.
12. Ramprabhu, S., M. Balaji, and K. Malathi, "Polarization-independent single-layer ultra-wideband frequency-selective surface," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 9, No. 1, 93-97, 2015.
13. Li, D., T. W. Li, and R. Hao, "A low-profile broadband bandpass frequency selective surface with two rapid band edges for 5G near-field applications," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 59, No. 2, 670-676, 2017.
14. Al-Joumayly, M. A. and N. Behdad, "A generalized method for synthesizing low-profile, bandpass frequency selective surfaces with non-resonant constituting elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 12, 4033-4041, 2010.