Two novel compact 2.6/5.2 GHz diplexers with high common-mode suppression were designed and fabricated on the FR4 substrate. The diplexers were designed based on two open loop rectangle ring (OLRR) resonators and the two different resonant frequencies could be easily obtained by tuning the lengths of OLRRs. In the past, the traditional balun diplexer needed matching circuit to transfer signal to radio frequency (RF) transceiver with low loss because of the existence of unmatched impendences between the balun diplexer and RF transceiver. In order to improve their efficiency and low down the cost of the fabricated circuits, we would propose a method to tune the output impendence of the balun diplexer and the diplexer could have matching output impendence with the RF transceiver. The proposed balun diplexer had the structure of two stub-loaded microstrip lines, and the needed output impendence could be changed by tuning the widths of microstrip lines and stubs and by changing the length and position of stubs. For that, if the output impendence is well tuned, the designed balun diplexer will have the higher efficiency and low cost because the matching circuit is not necessary.
2. Lin, S., J. Wang, G. Zhang, and J. Hong, "Design of microstrip tri-mode balun bandpass filter with high selectivity," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 13, 998-999, 2015.
3. Park, M.-J. and B. Lee, "Stubbed branch line balun," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 3, 169-171, 2007.
4. Chen, C.-M., S.-J. Chang, J.-C. Zheng, J.-C. Liou, and C.-F. Yang, "Using folded open-loop ring resonator to design a common-mode suppression and frequency adjustable balun-bandpass filter," ACES Journal, Vol. 31, No. 1, January 2016.
5. Kang, S.-J. and H.-Y. Hwang, "Ring-balun-bandpass filter with harmonic suppression," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 4, No. 11, 1847-1854, 2010.
6. Pu, X.-Y., X.-Y. Zhou, S.-Y. Zheng, and Y.-L. Long, "Wide band balun filter using open/shorted coupled line sections," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 57, No. 5, 1099-1101, 2015.
7. Bai, S., W. Feng, and W. Che, "Compact wideband differential bandpass filter using a marchand balun," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 53, 67-73, 2014.
8. Chen, C.-M., S.-J. Chang, Y.-L. Pan, C.-Y Chen, and C.-F. Yang, "Fabrication of compact microstrip line-based balun-bandpass filter with high common-mode suppression," Mathematical Problems in Eng., Vol. 2014, Article ID 985064, 2016.
9. Chen, C.-M., S.-J. Chang, C.-F. Yang, and C.-Y Chen, "A simple and effective method for designing frequency adjustable balun diplexer with high common-mode suppression," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 7, 433-435, July 2015.
10. Yeung, L.-K. and K.-L.Wu, "An LTCC balanced-to-unbalanced extracted-pole bandpass filter with complex load," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 4, 1512-1518, April 2006.
11. Kung, C.-Y., Y.-C. Chen, S.-M. Wu, C.-F. Yang, and J.-S. Sun, "A novel compact 2.4/5.2GHz dual wideband bandpass filter with deep transmission zero," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 5–6, 617-628, 2011.
12. Xue, Q., J. Shi, and J.-X. Chen, "Unbalanced-to-balanced and balanced-to-unbalanced diplexer with high selectivity and common-mode suppression," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 11, 2848, 2855, Nov. 2011.
13. Dai, X.-W., C.-H. Liang, B. Wu, and J. Fan, "Novel dual-band bandpass filter design using microstrip open-loop resonators," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2, 219-225, 2008.
14. Cheng, C.-M. and C.-F. Yang, "Develop quad-band (1.57/2.45/3.5/5.2 GHz) bandpass filters on the ceramic substrate," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 5, 268-270, May 2010.
15. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, 2001.