A S-band monolithic integrated switched filter bank has been designed to realize tunable working center frequency, and a tuning range of 12.9% from 2.7 to 3.05 GHz was achieved with interval of 50 MHz. The switched filter bank is designed using 8 eighth-order step impedance resonators (SIR) band-pass filters arranged in parallel rows. Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) switched circuit is integrated above filters for monolithic design combined with low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) technology. The SIR bandpass filters are designed to resist Electromagnetic Interference(EMI) between components and introduce cross coupling to bring two transmission zeros and better out-of-band rejection. The monolithic integrated switched filter bank is only 74 mm×24 mm×2.5 mm, which realizes the monolithic integration of the device and enhances the reliability. The measured results show that the insertion loss and out-of-band rejection are in good working condition.
2. Aigner, R., "Tunable filters reality check foreseeable trends in system architecture for tunable RF filters," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 7, 82-88, 2015.
3. Li, Y. and Y. S. Dai, "A UHF bandpass filter with high performance based on LTCC," Research & Progress of SSE, Vol. 4, 367-370, 2014.
4. Reines, I., et al., "A low loss RF MEMS Ku-band integrated switched filter bank," IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 2, 74-76, 2005.
5. Schulte, B., V. Ziegler, B. Schoenlinner, U. Prechtel, and H. Schumacher, "RF-MEMS tunable evanescent mode cavity filter in LTCC technology at Ku-band," IEEE 6th European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, 514-517, Manchester, 2011.
6. Inoue, H., et al., "A novel tunable filter enabling both center frequency and bandwidth tunability," 2012 IEEE 42nd European Microwave Conference, 269-272, Amsterdam, 2012.
7. Arabi, E., et al., "Tunable bandpass filter based on partially magnetized ferrite LTCC with embedded windings for SoP applications," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 25, No. 1, 16-18, 2015.
8. Fouladi, S., et al., "Combline tunable bandpass filter using RF-MEMS switched capacitor bank," IEEE Microwave Symposium Digest, 1-3, 2012.
9. Guyette, A. C., "Intrinsically switched varactor-tuned filters and filter banks," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 60, No. 4, 1044-1056, 2012.
10. Yu, Y. W., et al., "A triple channel high rejection RF MEMS switched filter bank," Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 483, 132-136, 2011.
11. Gentili, F., et al., "PIN diode-based 4-channel switched filter bank with low-power, TTL-compatible driver," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 12, 1-4, 2014.