In this paper, a three-layer circuit structure based on double-sided parallel-strip lines (DSPSLs) is proposed to design one out-of-phase power divider (PD) with equal power division and harmonic suppression. This PD, which is composed of four DSPSLs, one middle conductor, and two grounded resistors, features transmission suppression at two specified frequencies and all the even-order harmonics. Closed-form design equations are derived based on the traditional even- and odd-mode methods, and the circuit scattering parameters are also given. Finally, a practical PD operating at 0.92 GHz is designed and fabricated. The measured results show that this PD has equal power division with out of phase, harmonic suppression, good ports matching, and high outputs isolation.
2. Chen, J.-X., Z.-H. Bao, and Q. Xue, "Analysis and design of out-of-phase power divider with arbitrary division ratio," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 4, No. 9, 1370-1376, Sep. 2010.
3. Dai, G. L., X.-C. Wei, E.-P. Li, and M.-Y. Xia, "Novel dual-band out-of-phase power divider with high power-handling capability," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 8, 2403-2409, Aug. 2012.
4. Lu, Y. L., G.-L. Dai, X. Wei, and E. Li, "A broadband out-of-phase power divider for high power applications using through ground via (TGV)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 653-667, 2013.
5. Zhang, W., Z. Ning, Y. Wu, C. Yu, S. Li, and Y. Liu, "Dual-band out-of-phase power divider with impedance transformation and wide frequency ratio," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 12, 787-789, Dec. 2015.
6. Bei, L., S. Zhang, and K. Huang, "Complex impedance-transformation out-of-phase power divider with high power-handling capability," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 53, 13-19, 2015.
7. Bei, L., R. Bao, L. Chen, C. Tian, X. Zhang, W. Ji, and K. Huang, "Out-of-phase power divider with complex impedance transformation based on miniaturized isolation network," Electromagnetics, Vol. 37, No. 3, 139-149, 2017.
8. Yi, K.-H. and B. Kang, "Modified Wilkinson power divider for nth harmonic suppression," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 5, 178-180, May 2013.
9. Xu, K., J. Shi, L. Lin, and J.-X. Chen, "A balanced-to-unbalanced microstrip power divider with filtering function," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 63, No. 8, 2561-2569, Aug. 2015.
10. Chao, S.-F. and W.-C. Lin, "Filtering power divider with good isolation performance," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 11, 815-817, May 2014.
11. Zhang, J., L. Li, J. Gu, and X. Sun, "Compact and harmonic suppression Wilkinson power divider with short circuit anti-coupled line," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 9, 661-663, Sep. 2007.
12. Wang, K. X., X. Y. Zhang, and B.-J. Hu, "Gysel power divider with arbitrary power ratios and filtering responses using coupling structure," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 62, No. 3, 431-440, Mar. 2014.
13. Zhang, B. and Y. Liu, "Wideband filtering power divider with high selectivity," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 23, 1950-1952, Nov. 2015.
14. Mirzavand, R., M. M. Honari, A. Abdipour, and G. Moradi, "Compact microstrip Wilkinson power dividers with harmonic suppression and arbitrary power division ratios," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 1, 61-68, Jan. 2013.
15. Woo, D.-J. and T.-K. Lee, "Suppression of harmonics in Wilkinson power divider using dual-band rejection by asymmetric DGS," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech.,, Vol. 53, No. 6, 2139-2144, Jun. 2005.
16. Yang, J., C. Gu, and W. Wu, "Design of novel compact coupled microstrip power divider with harmonic suppression," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 9, 572-574, Sep. 2008.
17. Lin, C.-M., H.-H. Su, J.-C. Chiu, and Y.-H. Wang, "Wilkinson power divider using microstrip EBG cells for the suppression of harmonics," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 10, 700-702, Oct. 2007.
18. Zhang, F. and C. F. Li, "Power divider with microstrip electromagnetic bandgap element for miniaturisation and harmonic rejection," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 6, 422-424, Mar. 2008.
19. Ren, X., K. Song, B. Hu, and Q. Chen, "Compact filtering power divider with good frequency selectivity and wide stopband based on composite right-/left-handed transmission lines," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2122-2125, Sep. 2014.
20. Wang, J., J. Ni, Y.-X. Guo, and D. Fang, "Miniaturized microstrip Wilkinson power divider with harmonic suppression," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 7, 440-442, Jul. 2009.
21. Zhang, Z., Y.-C. Jiao, and Z.-B. Weng, "Design of 2.4GHz power divider with harmonic suppression," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 12, 705-707, Jun. 2012.
22. Chen, C.-F., T.-Y. Huang, C.-C. Chen, W.-R. Liu, T.-M. Shen, and R.-B. Wu, "A compact filtering rat-race coupler using dual-mode stub-loaded resonators," IMS 2012-2012 IEEE MTTS International Microwave Symposium, 3 pages, Montreal, QC, Canada, Jun. 17–22, 2012.
23. Wang, K.-X., X. Y. Zhang, S. Y. Zheng, and Q. Xue, "Compact filtering rat-race hybrid with wide stopband," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 63, No. 8, 2550-2560, Aug. 2015.
24. Ahn, H.-R. and B. Kim, "Toward integrated circuit size reduction," IEEE Microw. Mag., Vol. 9, No. 1, 65-75, Feb. 2008.