The scattering of the electromagnetic waves by the spherical particles is discussed. Nanometer-sized dielectric spheres confined in a cluster are devoted to investigate the effect of the EM radiation on them. Incident wave is considered to be in visible light spectrum which facilitates multiple scattering calculation for nanoparticles. Radiation forces are discussed in terms of scattering pressure and Lorentz force, hence Discrete Dipole Approximation (DDA) and classical Mie theory is employed in radiation force computation and electromagnetic random multiple scattering analysis. Electric momentum of dipoles is defined in the term of A-1 term method. The radiation forces on particles are accurately calculated with computer codes. Extracted results can be applied to conscious deviation of spherical nanoparticles in clean rooms or similar mediums. The effect of the incident wave parameters and the orientation of spherical profile and particles in the cluster are predicted through various simulations.
2. Harada, Y. and T. Asakura, "Radiation forces on a dielectric sphere in the Rayleigh scattering regime," Optics Communications, Vol. 124, 529-541, 1996.
3. Kawata, S. and T. Sugiura, "Movement of micrometer-sized particles in the evanescent field of a laser beam," Optics Letters, Vol. 17, 772-774, 1992.
4. Bonessi, D., K. Bonin, and T. Walker, "Optical forces on particles of arbitrary shape and size," Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, Vol. 9, S228, 2007.
5. Tsang, L., J. A. Kong, and K.-H. Ding, Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves, Theories and Applications, Vol. 27, John Wiley & Sons, 2004.
6. Draine, B. T. and J. Goodman, "Beyond Clausius-Mossotti-Wave propagation on a polarizable point lattice and the discrete dipole approximation," The Astrophysical Journal, Vol. 405, 685-697, 1993.
7. Okamoto, H., "Light scattering by clusters: The al-term method," Optical Review, Vol. 2, 407-412, 1995.
8. Ishimaru, A., Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering, Prentice-Hall, 1991.
9. Draine, B. T. and P. J. Flatau, "Discrete-dipole approximation for scattering calculations," JOSA A, Vol. 11, 1491-1499, 1994.
10. Novotny, L. and B. Hecht, Principles of Nano-optics, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
11. Xu, Y.-L., "Electromagnetic scattering by an aggregate of spheres: Far field," Applied Optics, Vol. 36, 9496-9508, 1997.