In this paper, an antenna with reconfigurable radiation pattern in the H-plane at 2.45 GHz for high power applications is presented. It is based on a 3 slots array in the E-plane covered partially with a wall of plasma in order to reduce the length of the slots and consequently ensure electrically a modification of the radiation pattern in the H-plane. The power distribution of the array is ensured with a power splitter.
2. Caillet, M., O. Lafond, and M. Himdi, "Reconfigurable microstrip antennas in millimeter wave," Proc. 2006 IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium Dig., 638-641, June 2006.
3. Goshi, D. S., Y. Wang, and T. Itoh, "A compact digital beamforming SMILE array for mobile communications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, No. 12, December 2004.
4. Olver, A. D. and J. U. I. Syed, "Variable beamwidth reflector antenna by feed defocusing," Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 142, No. 5, 1995.
5. Jouade, A., M. Himdi, A. Chauloux, and F. Colombel, "Pattern reconfigurable bended H sectoral horn antenna for high power applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. PP, No. 99, 1-1, 2016.
6. Martin, A., V. Le Neillon, and M. Himdi, "Pattern reconfigurable slot antenna array," 2016 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), paper 1F3-4, 2016.
7. Balanis, A., Antenna Theory, 3rd Ed., 671-673, Wiley-interscience, 2005.
8. Barro, O. A., M. Himdi, and O. Lafond, "Reconfigurable patch antenna radiations using plasma faraday shield effect," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 726-729, 2016.
9. Barro, O. A., M. Himdi, and O. Lafond, "Reconfigurable radiating antenna array using plasma tubes," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1321-1324, 2016.
10. CST, Computer Simulation Technology, http://www.cst.com/.
11. Jusoh, M. T., M. Himdi, F. Colombel, and O. Lafond, "Performance and radiation patterns of a reconfigurable plasma corner-reflector antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, No. 99, 1137-1140, 2013.