A new technique is developed to couple the advantages of both the microstrip patch antenna and rectangular waveguide. An equilateral triangle is used as a radiating patch. This patch is fabricated on one face of a single-layer dielectric substrate with double-sided copper clad coated with tin, and on the other face an iris is fabricated and coupled to the waveguide. Antenna parameters such as return loss and bandwidth are studied for a circular patch. The results obtained are discussed in detail and explained. Matlab PDE toolbox is used to generate two-dimensional meshes. These meshes are converted into a three-dimensional form using subdomain numbers. RWG basis functions are used for MoM to calculate impedances. Reection coefcient and 2D current are obtained using the complex impedances.
2. Slater, J. C., Microwave Transmission, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1942.
3. Sisodia, M. L. and V. L. Gupta, "Microwave Engineering," New Age International Publishers, 2005.
4. Engen, G. F. and R. W. Beatty, "Microwave reflectrometer technoques," IRE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, 361-364, 1959.
5. Harrington, R. F., "Matrix methods for field problems," IEEE Proc. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 2, 136-149, Feb. 1967.
6. Makarov, S. N., "Matlab antenna toolbox — A draft,", web resource http://ece.wpi.edu/mom/, 2005.
7. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, 409-418, 1982.
8. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, John Wiley and Sons, 2005.
9. Jose, S. K. and S. Suganthi, "Circular-rectangular microstrip antenna for wireless applications," International Journal of Microwaves Applications, Vol. 4, 2015.
10. Stevanovi, I., et al., "Integral equation modeling of waveguide-fed planar antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 51, No. 6, 82-92, 2009.