This paper presents an improved structure of a Gysel combiner/divider suitable for high-power applications. The proposed structure makes use of stepped-impedance load line features to implement a simple, compact, low loss and sufficiently wideband Gysel configuration. It also improves isolation and facilitates design flexibility for the load location. Measurements agree with expected simulated results thus, demonstrating the proposed structure with a 10% fractional bandwidth while maintaining 20 dB of return loss and 0.25 dB of insertion loss.
2. Walker, J. L. B., Handbook of RF and Microwave Power Amplifiers, 542-544, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
3. Grebennikov, A., RF and Microwave Transmitter Design, 175-177, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
4. Kao, J. C., Z. M. Tsai, K. Y. Lin, and H.Wang, "A modifiedWilkinson power divider with isolation bandwidth improvement," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 60, No. 9, 2768-2780, 2012.
5. Ahmed, O. and A. R. Sebak, "A modified Wilkinson power divider/combiner for ultrawideband communications," International Symposium in IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society, 1-4, 2009.
6. Horst, S., R. Bairavasubramanian, M. M. Tentzeris, and J. Papapolymerou, "Modified Wilkinson power dividers for millimeter-wave integrated circuits," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 11, 2439-2446, 2007.
7. Gysel, U. H., "A new N-way power divider/combiner suitable for high-power applications," IEEE MTT-S Microwave Symp., Palo Alto, CA, 1975.
8. Abbosh, A. and B. Henin, "Planar wideband inphase power divider/combiner using modified Gysel structure," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 7, No. 10, 783-787, 2013.
9. Xia, B., L. Sh. Wu, and J. Mao, "A new balanced-to-balanced power divider/combiner," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 60, No. 9, 2791-2798, Sept. 2012.
10. Lin, F., Q. X. Chu, Z. Gong, and Z. Lin, "Compact broadband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power-dividing ratio using microstrip/slotline phase inverter," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 60, No. 5, 1226-1234, May 2012.
11. Oraizi, H. and A. R. Sharifi, "Optimum design of a wideband two-way Gysel power divider with source to load impedance matching," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, No. 9, 2238-2248, Sept. 2009.
12. Zhang, H., X. Shi, F. Wei, and L. Xu, "Compact wideband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power division based on patch type structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 395-406, 2011.
13. Guan, J., L. Zhang, Z. Sun, Y. Leng, and Y. Peng, "Designing power divider by combining Wilkinson and Gysel structure," Electronics Lett., Vol. 48, No. 13, 769-770, 2012.
14. Zaker, R., A. Abdipour, and R. Mirzavand, "Closed-form design of Gysel power divider with only one isolation resistor," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 8, 527-529, 2014.
15. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A modified Gysel power divider of arbitrary power ratio and real terminated impedances," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 11, 601-603, 2011.
16., , Keysight ADS Momentum, v, 2009.
17. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 4th Ed., 328-331, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.