A low-profile wideband multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) antenna is presented. The proposed antenna is suitable for mobile terminals applications, as its measured -10 dB bandwidth ranges from 1.56 GHz to 2.77 GHz. The overall antenna efficiency ranges from 68% to 83% over the operating bandwidth. The overall size of the proposed antenna is 60×97×0.8 mm3. A novel isolation structure is employed to achieve isolation range of -26 dB to -16 dB. The radiation patterns are measured, and envelope correlation coefficient is evaluated. The simulated and measured results are in good agreement.
2. Wang, Y. and Z. Du, "A printed dual-antenna system operating in the GSM1800/GSM1900/UMTS/LTE2300/LTE2500/ 2.4-GHz WLAN bands for mobile terminals," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 233-236, 2014.
3. Li, W. W., B. Zhang, J. H. Zhou, and B. Q. You, "High isolation dual-port MIMO antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 15, 919-921, Jul. 18, 2013.
4. Morsy, M. M., M. A. Basha, and M. R. Khan, "Multi-band MIMO antenna for wireless devices," Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 1-2, Chicago, IL, 2012.
5. Kadu, M. B., S. B. Deosarkar, and R. P. Labade, "Dual band microstrip patch antenna for MIMO system," 2015 International Conference on Pervasive Computing (ICPC), 1-4, Pune, 2015.
6. Carrasco, H., H. D. Hristov, R. Feick, and D. Cofre, "Mutual coupling between planar inverted-F antennas," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 42, 224-227, 2004.
7. Toktas and A. Akdagli, "Wideband MIMO antenna with enhanced isolation for LTE, WiMAX and WLAN mobile handsets," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 10, 723-724, May 8, 2014.
8. Li, J. F., Q. X. Chu, Z. H. Li, and X. X. Xia, "Compact dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with high isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 9, 4759-4766, Sept. 2013.
9. Addaci, R., A. Diallo, C. Luxey, P. Le Thuc, and R. Staraj, "Dual-band WLAN diversity antenna system with high port-to-port isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 244-247, 2012.
10. Morsy, M. M., "2.45 GHz dual polarized aperture-coupled antennas with high isolation performance," Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 1-2, Chicago, IL, 2012.
11. Kurokawa, K., "Power waves and the scattering matrix," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 13, No. 2, 194-202, Mar. 1965.
12. Rosengren, K. and P. S. Kildal, "Radiation efficiency, correlation, diversity gain and capacity of a six-monopole antenna array for a MIMO system: theory, simulation and measurement in reverberation chamber," IEE Proceedings — Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 152, No. 1, 7-16, Feb. 19, 2005.
13. Vaughan, R. G. and J. B. Andersen, "Antenna diversity in mobile communications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 36, No. 4, 149-172, Nov. 1987.
14. Blanch, S., J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, "Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description," Electronics Letters, Vol. 39, No. 9, 705-707, May 1, 2003.