In this paper, a CPW-fed circular patch UWB-extended bandwidth antenna is proposed which is fabricated and characterized on silicon. The proposed antenna covers fractional bandwidth of 132.08% with high rejection triple band-notch characteristics [WiMAX(3.30 GHz-3.80 GHz)/WLAN(IEEE802.11a/h/j/n 5.15 GHz-5.35 GHz, 5.25 GHz-5.35 GHz, 5.47 GHz-5.725 GHz, 5.725 GHz-5.825 GHz)/X-band downlink satellite communication system (7.25 GHz-7.75 GHz)]. Gain and efficiency of the proposed antenna in the entire bandwidth vary between 3.96 dBi-10.98 dBi and 84%-95%, respectively. Also, group delay in the entire operating band is ≤ 1.0 ns. Furthermore, the proposed antenna exhibits good dipole like radiation pattern in E-plane and omnidirectional pattern in H-plane with small dimension of 20×20×0.5 mm3.
2. Srivastava, G., S. Dwari, and B. K. Kanaujia, "A compact triple band notch circular ring antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 57, No. 3, 668-672, 2015.
3. Zhang, Y., W. Hong, C. Yu, Z. Q. Kuai, Y. D. Don, and J. Y. Zhou, "Planar ultra wideband antennas with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 9, 3063-3068, September 2008.
4. Tomar, S. and A. Kumar, "Design of a triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 14, No. 2, 1-13, 2015.
5. Taheri, M. M. S., H. R. Hassani, and S. M. A. Nezhad, "UWB printed slot antenna with Bluetooth and dual notch bands," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 255-258, 2011.
6. Li, Y., S. Chang, M. Li, and X. Yang, "A compact ring UWB antenna with tri-notch band characteristics using slots and tuning stub," IEEE Conference, 12-15, 2011.
7. Maiti, S., N. Pani, and A. Mukherjee, "Modal analysis and design a planar elliptical shaped UWB antenna with triple band notch characteristics," IEEE Conference, 13-15, 2015.
8. Lotfi, P., S. Soltani, and M. Azarmanesh, "Triple band-notched UWB CPW and microstrip line fed monopole antenna using broken ∩-shaped slot," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 65, 734-741, 2011.
9. Bakariya, P. S., S. Dwari, and M. Sarkar, "Triple band notch UWB printed monopole antenna with enhanced bandwidth," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 69, 26-30, 2015.
10. Zarrabi, F. B., Z. Mansouri, N. P. Gandji, and H. Kuhestani, "Triple-notch UWB monopole antenna with fractal Koch and T-shaped stub," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 70, 64-69, 2016.
11. Haroon, S., K. S. Alimgeer, N. Khalid, B. T. Malik, M. F. Shafique, and S. A. Khan, "A low profile UWB antenna with triple band suppression characteristics," Wireless Personal Communication, Vol. 82, 495-507, 2015.
12. Bakariya, P. S., S. Dwari, and M. Sarkar, "A triple band notch compact UWB printed monopole antenna," Wireless Personal Communication, Vol. 82, 1095-1106, 2015.
13. Das, S., D. Mitra, and S. R. B. Chaudhuri, "Design of UWB planar monopole antennas with etched spiral slot on the patch for multiple band-notched characteristics," International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, 1-10, 2015.
14. Venkata, S. K., M. Rana, P. S. Bakariya, S. Dwari, and M. Sarkar, "Planar ultrawideband monopole antenna with tri-notch band characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 46, 163-170, 2014.
15. Sarkar, M. S. Dwari and A. Daniel, "Printed monopole antenna for ultra-wideband application with tunable triple band-notched characteristics," Wireless Personal Communication, Vol. 84, 2943-2954, 2015.
16. Gorai, A., A. Karmakar, M. Pal, and R. Ghatak, "Multiple fractal-shaped slots-based UWB antenna with triple-band notch functionality," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 18, 2407-2415, 2013.
17. Verma, A. K., Y. K. Awasthi, and H. Singh, "Equivalent isotrophic relative permittivity of microstrip on multilayer anisotrophic substrate," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 96, No. 8, 865-875, August 2009.
18. Sharma, M., Y. K. Awasthi, H. Singh, R. Kumar, and S. Kumari, "Design of compact Flower hape dual notched-band monopole antenna for extended UWB wireless applications,", Frequenz, DOI 10.1515/freq-2016-0065, 2016.
19. Karmakar, A. and K. Singh, "Planar monopole ultra wideband antenna on silicon with notched characteristics," International conference on Microelectronics, Circuits and Systems, 17-20, 2014.
20. Haridas, N., R. Zhang, A. E. Rayis, A. Erdogan, T. Arslan, A. Bunting, and A. J. Walton, "Multiband micro antenna on Silicon substrate," IEEE Conference, 1-8, 2009.
21. Haraz, O. M., M. A. Rahman, N. A. Khalli, S. Alshebeili, and A. R. Sebak, "Performance investigations of quasi-Yagi loop and dipole antennas on silicon substrate for 94 GHz applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 1-9, 2014.
22. Moussa, H. B. E., F. Torres, G. Z. E. Nashef, B. Barelaud, and E. Ngoya, "Integrated on-chip antenna on silicon-substrate for millimeter-wave applications," IEEE Conference, September 2013.
23. Ozdemirli, A., M. M. Bilgic, B. Tar, K. Yegin, and U. Cilingiroglu, "On-chip antenna design for UWB applications," IEEE Conference, July 2015.
24. Okabe, K., W. Lee, Y. Harada, and M. Ishida, "Silicon based on-chip antenna using LC resonator for near-field RF systems," Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 67, 100-104, 2012.
25. Chowdhury, B. B., R. De, and M. Bhowmik, "A novel design for circular patch fractal antenna for multi band applications," IEEE International Conference Signal Processing and Integrated Networks, 449-453, 2016.
26. Pandey, G. K., H. S. Singh, P. K. Bharti, and M. K. Meshram, "Design and analysis of multiband notched Pitcher-shaped UWB antenna," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, 795-805, 2016.
27. Sharma, M., Y. K. Awasthi, H. Singh, R. Kumar, and S. Kumari, "Compact printed high rejection triple band-notch UWB antenna with multiple wireless applications," Engineering Science & Technology, Vol. 19, 1626-1634, 2016.