The main section of this paper comprehensively analyzes electrical shielding effectiveness (ESE) of enclosures with rectangular apertures for producing valuable information used in electromagnetic interference and compatibility guiding enclosure designers of electronic devices. Firstly, results of conventional analytical equivalent circuit model, measurement and simulation with computer simulating technology (CSTTM) of ESE for an enclosure with a single aperture size are compared to improve closeness in different models at 0-1 GHz. After getting a suitable simulation model, all possible parameters with detailed cases are examined to approach beneficial conclusions. Especially, size of enclosure, aperture size, aperture shape, configuration and number of apertures, probe position parameters that affect ESE are investigated. Also, some double parameters are analyzed together to achieve detailed review as two enclosure dimensions, two aperture dimensions and probe position with enclosure depth. Therefore, three-dimensional graphical investigations are performed. Obtained results of these parametric approaches are explained with acceptable reasons. Finally, detailed and itemized comments are given about simulated results of ESE parameters, which are collected from previous sections.
2. IEEE, "Standard method for measuring the effectiveness of electromagnetic shielding enclosures," IEEE Std 299TM-2006 (R2012), 2012.
3. Robinson, M. P., T. M. Benson, C. Christopoulos, J. F. Dawson, M. Ganley, A. Marvin, S. Porter, and D. W. Thomas, "Analytical formulation for the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 40, No. 3, 240-248, 1998.
4. Solin, J. R., "Formula for the field excited in a rectangular cavity with an aperture and lossy walls," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 2, 203-209, 2015.
5. Nobakhti, M., P. Dehkhoda, and A. Tavakoli, "Improved modal method of moments technique to compensate the effect of wall dimension in shielding effectiveness evaluation," IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 8, No. 1, 17-22, 2014.
6. Liu, E., P.-A. Du, and B. Nie, "An extended analytical formulation for fast prediction of shielding effectiveness of an enclosure at different observation points with an off-axis aperture," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, 589-598, 2014.
7. Hao, C. and D. Li, "Simplified model of shielding effectiveness of a cavity with apertures on different sides," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 2, 335-342, 2014.
8. Belkacem, F. T., M. Bensetti, A.-G. Boutar, D. Moussaoui, M. Djennah, and B. Mazari, "Combined model for shielding effectiveness estimation of a metallic enclosure with apertures," IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 5, No. 3, 88-95, 2011.
9. Nie, B.-L. and P.-A. Du, "An efficient and reliable circuit model for the shielding effectiveness prediction of an enclosure with an aperture," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 3, 357-364, 2015.
10. Wang, C.-C., C.-Q. Zhu, X. Zhou, and Z.-F. Gu, "Calculation and analysis of shielding effectiveness of the rectangular enclosure with apertures," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 28, No. 6, 535-545, 2013.
11. Karami, H., R. Moini, S. H. Sadeghi, H. Maftooli, M. Mattes, and J. R. Mosig, "Efficient analysis of shielding effectiveness of metallic rectangular enclosures using unconditionally stable time-domain integral equations," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 6, 1412-1419, 2014.
12. Hussein, K. F., "Spatial filter housing for enhancement of the shielding effectiveness of perforated enclosures with lossy internal coating: Broadband characterization," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2, No. 8, 2013.
13. Xiong, R., B. Chen, Z. Y. Cai, and Q. Chen, "A numerically efficient method for the FDTD analysis of the shielding effectiveness of large shielding enclosures with thin-slots," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol. 40, No. 4, 251-258, 2012.
14. Azizi, H., F. TaharBelkacem, D. Moussaoui, H. Moulai, A. Bendaoud, and M. Bensetti, "Electromagnetic interference from shielding effectiveness of a rectangular enclosure with apertures– circuital approach, FDTD and FIT modeling," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 28, No. 4, 494-514, 2014.
15. Lei, J.-Z., C.-H. Liang, and Y. Zhang, "On shielding effectiveness of metallic cavities with apertures by combining parallel FDTD method with windowing technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 85-112, 2007.
16. Dehkhoda, P., A. Tavakoli, and R. Moini, "Fast calculation of the shielding effectiveness for a rectangular enclosure of finite wall thickness and with numerous small apertures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 86, 341-355, 2008.
17. Dehkhoda, P., A. Tavakoli, and M. Azadifar, "Shielding effectiveness of an enclosure with finite wall thickness and perforated opposing walls at oblique incidence and arbitrary polarization by GMMoM," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 54, No. 4, 792-805, 2012.
18. Basyigit, I. B., M. F. Caglar, and S. Helhel, "Magnetic shielding effectiveness and simulation analysis of metalic enclosures with apertures," Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ELECO), 328-331, Bursa, Turkey, November 2015.
19. Basyigit, I. B., P. D. Tosun, S. Ozen, and S. Helhel, "An affect of the aperture length to aperture width ratio on broadband shielding effectiveness," Proceedings of the XXXth URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, 1-4, Istanbul, Turkey, August–November 2011.
20., , C. S. Technology, CST-EMC Studio, 2015, Available: www.cst.com.
21. Celozzi, S. and R. Araneo, "Alternative definitions for the time-domain shielding effectiveness of enclosures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 2, 482-485, 2014.
22. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, Wiley, New York, 2012.
23. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, Wiley, New York, 2005.