A new design of non-planar magneto-electric monopole antenna is proposed and presented. This antenna consists of a novel design of electric monopole with dual Ί shaped feed line design and possesses 61.5% impedance bandwidth, from 4.5 GHz-8.5 GHz. The antenna exhibits stable omnidirectional radiation pattern with almost identical E-plane and H-plane radiation patterns and also provides a peak gain of 7.4 dBi. Due to its good electrical characteristics and radiation parameters, the antenna has great capability to operate in C band, to overcome the challenges of multi-frequency applications.
2. Sun, X. L., L. Liu, S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Dual-band antenna with compact radiator for 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 12, 5924-5931, 2012.
3. Mehdipour, A., A.-R. Sebak, C. W. Trueman, and T. A. Denidni, "Compact multiband planar antenna for 2.4/3.5/5.2/5.8-GHz wireless applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 144-147, 2012.
4. Zhai, H., Z. Ma, Y. Han, and C. Liang, "A compact printed antenna for triple-band WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 65-68, 2013.
5. Yang, X. D., Y. S. Li, and C. Y. Liu, "A Toothbrush-shaped patch antenna for millimeter-wave communication," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 1–2, 31-37, 2009.
6. Lai, C.-P., S.-C. Chiu, and S.-Y. Chen, "Miniaturization of CPW-fed slot antennas using reactive terminations and truncated bilateral ground plane," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1072-1075, 2012.
7. Huang, C.-Y. and E.-Z. Yu, "A slot-monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 500-502, 2011.
8. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "Compact triple band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 16, 811-813, 2009.
9. Pei, J., A.-G. Wang, S. Gao, and W. Leng, "Miniaturized triple-band antenna with a defected ground plane for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 298-301, 2011.
10. Verma, S. and P. Kumar, "Compact triple-band antenna for WiMAX and WLAN applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 7, 484-486, 2014.
11. Khaleghi, A., "Dual band meander line antenna for wireless LAN communication," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 3, 1004-1009, 2007.
12. Li, Y., W. Li, and R. Mittra, "A compact ACS-FED dual-band meandered monopole antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, No. 10, 2370-2373, 2013.
13. Li, Y. S., X. D. Yang, Y. Bai, and T. Jiang, "Dual-band antenna handles WLAN/WiMAX," Microwaves & RF, Vol. 50, No. 1, 80-88, 2011.
14. Clavin, A., "A new antenna feed having equal E- and H-plane patterns," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2, No. 3, 113-119, Jul. 1954.
15. Clavin, A., D. A. Huebner, and F. J. Kilburg, "An improved element for use in array antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 22, No. 4, 521-526, Jul. 1974.
16. Luk, K. M. and H. Wong, "A new wideband unidirectional antenna element," Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., Vol. 1, No. 1, 35-44, Jun. 2006.
17. Guo, J., L. Zhou, B. Sun, and Y. Zou, "Magneto-electric monopole antenna for terminal multiband applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 20, Sep. 27, 2012.