A compact dual-band dual-polarized antenna is proposed in this paper. The two pair dipoles with strong end coupling are used for the lower frequency band, and cross-placed patch dipoles are used for the upper frequency band. Breaches are introduced at the ends of the dipoles of the upper band, which can benefit the compactness and bandwidth of the antenna. The ends of the dipoles for upper frequency band are cut off a corner, which also benefit the compactness and matching of the antenna. An antenna prototype was fabricated and measured. The measured results show that the antenna can cover from 790 MHz to 960 MHz (19.4%) for lower band and from 1710 MHz to 2170 MHz (23.7%) for upper band with VSWR<1.5. It is expected to be a good candidate design for base station antennas.
2. Kaboli, M., et al., "High-isolation XX-polar antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, 4046-4055, 2012.
3. Sharma, D. K., et al., "Shared aperture dual band dual polarization microstrip patch antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, 917-922, 2013.
4. Gou, Y., et al., "A compact dual-polarized double E-shaped patch antenna with high isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, 4349-4353, 2013.
5. Chiou, T. W. and K. L. Wong, "A compact dual-band dual-polarized patch antenna for 900/1800- MHz cellular systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, 1936-1940, 2003.
6. Liu, X., et al., "A novel low-profile, dual-band, dual-polarization broadband array antenna for 2G/3G base station," International Conference on Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, 1-4, 2006.
7. Cui, G.-F., S.-G. Zhou, S.-X. Gong, and Y. Liu, "A compact dual-polarized antenna for base station application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 59, 7-13, 2016.
8. Cui, Y. H., R. L. Li, and H. Z. Fu, "A broadband dual-polarized planar antenna for 2G/3G/LTE base stations,", Vol. 62, 4836-4840, 2014.
9. Liu, Y., H. Yi, F.W.Wang, and S. X. Gong, "A novel miniaturized broadband dual-polarized dipole antenna for base station," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1335-1338, 2013.
10. Bao, Z. D., Z. P. Nie, and X. Z. Zong, "A novel broadband dual-polarization antenna utilizing strong mutual coupling," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, 450-454, 2014.
11. Moradi, K. and S. Nikmehr, "A dual-band dual-polarized microstrip array antenna for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 527-541, 2012.
12. Peng, H. L., et al., "A compact dual-polarized broadband antenna with hybrid beam-forming capabilities," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 253-271, 2011.
13. Dai, X.-W., T. Zhou, and G.-F. Cui, "Dual-band microstrip circular patch antenna with monopolar radiation pattern," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 2015.