A compact Phi-shaped monopole antenna for super wideband applications is proposed. It consists of a Phi-shaped radiator derived from a conventional elliptical monopole and quarter elliptical CPW ground plane. An impedance bandwidth from 3.5 to 37.2 GHz is achieved with a ratio bandwidth of 10:1. It provides an average peak realized gain of 3.5 dB with a group delay of less than 0.5 ns. The proposed antenna structure provides large bandwidth with the advantage of miniaturized dimensions compared to other SWB antenna structures.
2. Azari, A., "A new super wideband fractal microstrip antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 5, 1724-1727, May 2011.
3. Deng, C., Y. J. Xie, and P. Li, "CPW-fed planar printed monopole antenna with impedance bandwidth enhanced," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1394-1397, 2009.
4. Liang, X. L., S. S. Zhong, and W. Wang, "UWB printed circular monopole antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 4, 1532-1534, Aug. 2006.
5. Dong, Y., W. Hong, L. Liu, Y. Zhang, and Z. Kuai, "Performance analysis of a printed superwideband antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 4, 949-956, Apr. 2009.
6. Angelopoulos, E. S., A. Z. Anastopoulos, D. I. Kaklamani, A. A. Alexandridis, F. Lazarakis, and K. Dang, "Circular and elliptical CPW-fed slot and microstrip-fed antennas for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, 294-297, 2006.
7. Cheng, S., P. Hallbjorner, and A. Rydberg, "Printed slot planar inverted cone antenna for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 18-21, 2008.
8. Liu, J., K. P. Esselle, S. G. Hay, and S. Zhong, "Achieving ratio bandwidth of 25 : 1 from a printed antenna using a tapered semi-ring feed," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1333-1336, 2011.
9. Srifi, M. N., S. K. Podilchak, M. Essaaidi, and Y. M. M. AntarS. K. Podilchak, M. Essaaidi, Y. M. M. Antar, "Compact disc monopole antennas for current and future ultrawideband (UWB) applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 12, 4470-4480, Dec. 201.
10. Manohar, M., R. S. Kshetrimayum, and A. K. Gogoi, "Printed monopole antenna with tapered feed line, feed region and patch for super wideband applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 8, No. 1, 39-45, 2014.
11. Manohar, M., R. S. Kshetrimayum, and A. K. Gogoi, "Super wideband antenna with single band suppression," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Cambridge University Press and the European Microwave Association, 1-8, 2015, doi:10.1017/S1759078715000963.
12. Huang, Y. and K. Boyle, Antennas from Theory to Practice, 64, John Wiley & Sons, West Sussex, UK, 2008.
13. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3 Ed., Wiley India Edition, 2012.
14. HFSS, "High frequency structure simulator ver. 11, finite element package,", Ansoft Corporation, available: http://www.ansoft.com, 2009.
15., , CST Microwave Studio Suite 2011, CST Inc., 2007.
16. Shahu, B. L., S. Pal, and N. Chattoraj, "Design of super wideband hexagonal-shaped fractal antenna with triangular slot," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 7, 1659-1662, Jul. 2015.
17. Quintero, G., J. F. Zurcher, and A. K. Skrivervik, "System fidelity factor: A new method for comparing UWB antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 7, 2502-2512, 2011.
18. Weisbeck, W., G. Adamiuk, and C. Sturm, "Basic properties and design principles of UWB antennas," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 97, No. 2, 372-385, Feb. 2009.
19. Sorgel, W. and W. Weisbeck, "Influence of the antennas on the ultrawideband transmission," EURASIP Journal of Applied Signal Processing, Vol. 3, 296-305, 2005.
20., "The European table of frequency allocations and applications,", ERC Report 25, approved in May 2014.