Single-layer circularly polarized (CP) reflectarrays in the Ka-band are presented in this paper. Three reflectarray (RA) models are designed and measured, using geometrically dissimilar elements. Each element is analyzed individually and optimized to obtain good performance within the operating frequency band. To compensate the spatial delay from feed to the elements at RA surface, the angular rotation technique has been employed for obtaining reflected phase curve. The performances of the antennas are analyzed at 30 GHz, exhibiting 13.3% of 1.5 dB gain bandwidth, while the axial ratio bandwidth is less than 3 dB in the whole operating band.
2. Chaharmir, M. R., J. Shaker, M. Cuhaci, and A. Sebak, "Circularly polarised re ectarray with cross-slot of varying arms on ground plane," Electronics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 24, 2002.
3. Guo, L., P. Tan, and T. Chio, "A simple approach to achieve polarization diversity in broadband re ectarrays using single-layered rectangular patch elements," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 47, No. 2, 305-310, Feb. 2015.
4. Zhao, G., Y. C. Jiao, F. Zhang, and F. S. Zhang, "A subwavelength element for broadband circularly polarized re ectarrays," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 2010.
5. Albooyeh, M., N. Komjani, and M. S. Mahani, "Circularly polarized element for re ectarray antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 319-322, 2009.
6. Abd-Elhady, A. M., S. H. Zainud-Deen, A. A. Mitkees, and A. A. Kishk, "Linearly polarized fed circularly polarized DRA re ectarray," International Journal of Electromagnetics and Applications, Vol. 2, No. 2, 11-15, 2012.
7. Ren, L., Y.-C. Jiao, F. Li, J.-J. Zhao, and G. Zhao, "A dual-layer T-shaped element for broadband circularly polarized re ectarray with linearly polarized feed," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 407-410, 2011.
8. Zainud-Deen, S. H., A. M. Abd-Elhady, A. A. Mitkees, and A. A. Kishk, "Design of dielectric resonator re ectarray using full-wave analysis," 26th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC 2009), 1-9, Faculty of Engineering, Future Univ., Egypt, Mar. 2009.
9. Huang, J. and R. J. Pogorzelski, "A Ka-band microstrip re ectarray with variable rotation angles," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 46, No. 5, 650-656, May 1998.
10. Han, C., J. Huang, and K. Chang, "A high efficiency offset-fed X/Ka dual band re ectarray using thin membranes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 9, 2792-2797, Sep. 2005.
11. Strassner, B., C. Han, and K. Chang, "Circularly polarized re ectarray with microstrip ring elements having variable rotation angles," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1122-1125, 2004.
12. Srinivasan, V. and V. F. Fusco, "Circularly polarized mechanically steerable re ectarray," Inst. Elect. Eng. Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 152, No. 6, 511-514, Dec. 2005.
13. Yu, A., F. Yang, A. Z. Elsherbeni, J. Huang, and Y. Kim, "An offset-fed X-band re ectarray antenna using a modied element rotation technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 3, 1619-1624, Mar. 2012.
14. Zhao, M.-Y., G.-Q. Zhang, X. Li, J.-M. Wu, and J.-Y. Shang, "Design of new single-layer multiple- resonance broadband circularly polarized re ectarrays," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 356-359, 2013.
15. Mohamoud, A. and A. Kishk, "Ka-band dual mode circularly polarized reflectarray," IEEE Conference ANTEM 2014, Victoria, Canada, 2014.
., , CST microwave studio, www.cst.com, 2015.
., , http://www.ok1dfc.com/eme/technic/septum/ra3aq.pdf.