A magneto-electric dipole antenna with novel feed design with rectangular cavity is proposed, fabricated and analyzed. Due to this new feeding structure, the antenna has been able to achieve wide impedance bandwidth of 68.8% to accommodate various wireless communication applications. The stable peak gain of 10.45 dBi with unidirectional radiation pattern has also been reported for the entire range of operation. The antenna has also been able to achieve low cross polarization levels lower than -30 dB. The antenna exhibits low side lobe radiations and almost identical E plane and H plane radiation patterns in the operating frequency range of 2.0 GHz-4.1 GHz. Due to its good electrical characteristics, the antenna is suitable for various S-band wireless communication applications.
2. Clavin, A., D. A. Huebner, and F. J. Kilburg, "An improved element for use in array antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 22, No. 4, 521-526, Jul. 1974.
3. Luk, K. M. and H. Wong, "A new wideband unidirectional antenna element," Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., Vol. 1, No. 1, 35-44, Jun. 2006.
4. Neetu, G. P. P. and V. N. Tiwari, "A novel shorted magneto-electric dipole antenna," Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Advances in Electronics & Computer Engineering, 16-19, Feb. 2015.
5. Siu, L., H. Wong, Member, and K.-M. Luk, "A dual polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna with dielectric loading," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 3, 616-623, Mar. 2009.
6. An, W.-X., S.-F. Li, W.-J. Hong, F.-Z. Han, and K.-P. Chen, "Design of wideband dual-band dual polarized dipole for base station antenna," Science Direct, Elsevier, 19(Suppl. 1), 22-28, Jun. 2012.
7. Wu, B. Q. and K.-M. Luk, "A broadband dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna with simple feeds," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 8, 60-63, Apr. 2009.
8. Siu, L., H. Wong, and K. M. Luk, "A dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole with dielectric loading," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 3, 616-623, 2009.