Synthetic aperture radar (SAR) system has inherent constraints between high azimuth resolution and wide swath width. Achieving more phase center samples is one of the key solutions to resolve this limitation. By multiple N transmitting and N receiving channel concept, an increased resolution or a widened swath width could be obtained. In this paper, comprehensive analysis for shifting multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) SAR system is presented. System resolution enhancement has been demonstrated based on the distributed target simulation by a factor of N compared to conventional displaced phase center antenna (DPCA) system.
2. Gebert, N. and G. Krieger, "Azimuth phase center adaptation on transmit for high-resolution wide-swath SAR imaging," IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett., Vol. 6, 782-786, 2009.
3. Krieger, G., N. Gebert, and A. Moreira, "Unambiguous SAR signal reconstruction from nonuniform displaced phase center sampling," IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett., Vol. 1, 260-264, 2004.
4. Suess, M., B. Grafmüller, and R. Zahn, "A novel high resolution, wide swath SAR system," Proc. IGARSS, 1013-1015, 2001.
5. Callaghan, G. D. and I. D. Longstaff, "Wide swath spaceborne SAR using a quad element array," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. - Radar, Sonar, Navigat., Vol. 146, 159-165, 1999.
6. Currie, A. and M. A. Brown, "Wide-swath SAR," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. - Radar, Sonar, Navigat., Vol. 139, 122-135, 1992.
7. Lim, S. H., C. G. Hwang, S. Y. Kim, and N. H. Myung, "Shifting MIMO SAR system for high-resolution wide-swath imaging," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 8-9, 1168-1178, 2011.
8. Soumekh, M., "SAR-ECCM using phase-perturbed LFM chirp signals and DRFM repeat jammer penalization," IEEE Trans. Aero. Elect. Sys., Vol. 42, 191-205, 2006.
9. Cumming, I. G. and F. H. Wong, Digital Processing of Synthetic Aperture Radar Data, Algorithms and Implementation, 625, Artech House, Boston, 2005.
10. Krieger, G., "MIMO-SAR: Opportunities and pitfalls," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 52, 2628-2645, 2014.
11. Hossain, M. A., A. Elshafiey, and M. A. S. Alkanhal, "High-resolution and wide-swath UWB OFDM MIMO synthetic aperture radar system using image fusion," Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 43, 225-242, 2015.
12. Huang, Y., G. Liao, J. Xu, and D. Yang, "MIMO SAR OFDM chirp waveform design and GMTI with RPCA based method," Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 51, 184-195, 2016.
13. Wang, W. Q., "MIMO SAR OFDM chirp waveform diversity design with random matrix modulation," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 53, 1615-1625, 2015.