A systematic procedure is presented for synthesis of generalized Chebyshev lossy bandstop filters with nonparaconjugate transmission zeros. From a lossy scattering parameters with the prescribed reflection zeros, the transformation formulas from the scattering matrix to the admittance matrix are obtained by reconstructing the non paraconjugate transmission zeros as paraconjugate ones. The canonical transversal array is modeled by partial fraction expansion of the normalized admittance functions, resulting in an increased order of the final network provided there are nonparaconjugate transmission zeros. The methods are simpler and more general than the ones in the literature. So it shows great versatility, and can also accommodate lossless network or a transfer function with symmetrical transmission zeros. To illustrate the proposed synthesis procedure, three typical examples have been carried out to validate the synthesis method.
2. Guyette, A., I. Hunter, and R. Pollard, "The design of microwave bandpass filters using resonators with nonuniform," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 11, 3914-3922, 2006.
3. Miraftab, V. and M. Yu, "Advanced coupling matrix and admittance function synthesis techniques for dissipative microwave filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 10, 2429-2438, 2009.
4. Miraftab, V. and M. Yu, "Generalized lossy microwave filter coupling matrix synthesis and design using mixed technologies," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 56, No. 12, 3016-3027, 2008.
5. Navarro-Tapia, D., E. Sorolla, P. Otero, and M. Mattes, "Coupling matrix synthesis of dissipative microwave filters," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 8, 895-900, 2011.
6. Oldoni, M., G. Macchiarella, G. Gentili, and C. Ernst, "A new approach to the synthesis of microwave lossy filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 58, No. 5, 1222-1229, 2010.
7. Szydlowski, L., A. Lamecki, and M. Mrozowski, "Synthesis of coupled-lossy resonator filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, No. 7, 366-368, 2010.
8. Zhao, Y. and G. Wang, "Multi-objective optimisation technique for coupling matrix synthesis of lossy filters," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 7, No. 11, 926-933, 2013.
9. Zhang, Q. and C. Caloz, "Alternative construction of the coupling matrix of filters with non-paraconjugate transmission zeros," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 23, No. 10, 509-511, 2013.
10. Cameron, R., "Advanced coupling matrix synthesis techniques for microwave filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 51, No. 1, 1-10, 2003.
11. Cameron, R., "General coupling matrix synthesis methods for Chebyshev filtering functions," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 4, 433-442, 1999.