In some satellite navigation receiver systems, there is not enough space to settle several antennas for multi-port multi-band application generally. A triple-deck circularly polarized antenna with three ports for receiving and sending satellites signal is studied in this paper. The design idea in this paper is to place several single-feed microstrip antennas layer by layer for saving space. All patch antennas are probe-fed, and the probe connected to the upper patch goes through the clear hole in lower substrates. The structure of the multi-band antenna is investigated thoroughly. How to tune this kind of antenna is a big problem in application, and one special parameter is given to adjust the performance of the antenna. The designed triple-deck antenna works at the bands of GPS, BDS and 1.66 GHz independently. The formal two bands are RHCP, and the third band is LHCP, so it can receive and send signals at the same time. Both simulated and measured results show that all three working bands can cover the system use differently. Axial ratio less than 3 dB at center frequency is obtained, and absolute gain at center frequency is more than 4 dBic. The advantages of this antenna are compact in size for multi-port multi-band use and easy fabrication.
2. Eissfeller, B., G. Ameres, V. Kropp, and D. Sanroma, "Performance of GPS, GLONASS and Galileo,", 185-199, 2007.
3. Haneishi, M. and Y. Suzuki, "Circular polarization and bandwidth," Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, J. R. James, P. S. Hall, Peter Peregrinus, London, 1989.
4. Ferrero, F., C. Luxey, G. Jacquemod, and R. Staraj, "Dual band circular polarized microstrip antenna for satellite applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Prop. Lett., Vol. 4, 13-15, 2005.
5. Yang, S. S., K. F. Lee, A. A. Kishk, and K. M. Luk, "Design and study of wideband single feed circularly polarized microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 45-61, 2008.
6. Sharma, P. C. and K. C. Gupta, "Analysis and optimized design of single feed circularly polarized microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 31, 949-955, 1983.
7. Elhefnawy, M., W. Ismail, and J. S. Mandeep, "Circular polarisation diversity with small size microstrip antenna," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 96, 1197-1205, 2009.
8. Yang, S. L. S., R. Chair, A. A. Kishk, K. F. Lee, and K. M. Luk, "Study on sequential feeding networks for sub arrays of circularly polarized elliptical dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, 321-333, 2007.
9. El Hajj, W., F. Gall´ee, and C. Person, "Tri-access tri-band reconfigurable stacked patch wire-plate antenna," 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 3574-3578, 2012.
10. Falade, O. P., M. U. Rehman, Y. Gao, X. Chen, and C. Parini, "Stacked patch circular polarized antenna for GPS/Galileo receiver applications," 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 1992-1995, 2012.
11. Heidari, A. A., M. Heyrani, and M. Nakhkash, "A dual-band circularly polarized stub loaded microstrip patch antenna for GPS applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 195-208, 2009.
12. Vasistha, P. and B. R. Vishvakarma, "Some studies on two-layer electromagnetically coupled microstrip antenna with dielectric cover," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 86, 991-998, 1999.
13. Alkanhal, M. A. S., "Composite compact triple-band microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 221-236, 2009.
14. Ahdi Rezaeieh, S. and M. Kartal, "A new triple band circularly polarized square slot antenna design with crooked T and F-shape strips for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 1-18, 2011.
15. Binoy, G. S., C. K. Aanandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "Dual-frequency dual-polarized slot-coupled compact microstrip antenna for communication systems," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 89, 191-195, 2002.
16. Singh, A. K. and M. K. Meshram, "Shorting pin loaded dual-band compact rectangular microstrip antenna," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 94, 237-250, 2007.